had mixed about what these are, Although most people have said eumo's

Here are mine....

" Fawn eumo hen"

IMAG0138.jpg

"Fawn eumo male"

IMAG0140.jpg

"grey Eumo Male"

IMAG0141.jpg

Know heres some that looks slight like mine..

fawneumos.jpg

greyeumo-1.jpg

Can i have some more opinions on all of these?

Cheers

Josh

Hi Josh I would have my doubts ont he 3rd picture mate he looks like a really well marked blackface blackbreasted cock If you could span his wings for me I could tell you better, some of the other picture you have are nice but not great quality in my opinion!

Josh, the 4th picture down shows fawn eumos, the hen has black under the tail, your fawn hen doesn't have any black under the tail.

Were they sold to you as eumos?

Eumo cockbirds typically have no cheek patch, both of yours do. I expect if you gave them a good diet they will moult and lose alot of the black.

Pete

• Like 1

They look to be black bodied according to the book I have if they have tail bars. Or if not are called charcoal if no tail bars and no cheek patches. Theres no eumo in this book. Its an ozzie book called a guide to zebs their colour varieties management and breeding. Not sure if that's if any help. Whatever they are but I like the cock in tthe second photo

Hi John the Charcoal is only native to Australia, its identical to the eumo in many ways. As for black bodied its another aussie mutation ive never seen any black bodied over here just  really good blackface in that lies the confusion I feel, as many people say blackbodied is a form basically a good blackface bird (With plenty of black underneath), i think that cock is a blackface blackbreasred cock would know better if i could see him from the front but im pretty sure he is. 

Finchdude,

I thought a BFBB had cheek patches that went up the head as in a standard BB.

Might be wrong though, if anyone could confirm this it would be handy.

Trevor :)

No I have a cock bird very simalr to the one in this Phto Trevor and he is NOT from any Eumo breeding, breed from my own combinations. I have seen pictures of Eumos that look like that but as I said if you spanned this birds wing all will be revealed! Eumo cocks should not have cheek patches!

Finchdude,

Ok thanks for that, i'm not up on eumo's and any info is greatly appreciated.

Could this possibly mean that it's a split then? because of the cheek patch or does it rule it out completely ?

Sorry for question but always willing to learn.

Thanks!

Trevor :)

Not at all Trevor, I love the old mutation chat lol!! Eumos are funny, I mean as you know if we were chatting about splits in Orangebreast and or blackbreast we would be looking at tail bars and thats our indication of a split, with the eumo you cannot tell a split bird from a narmal its a nightmare if you have split to split pairings and you want to know which offspring carry the split gene!

Mark