Sign in to follow this  
scott cunningham

Yellow Beaks

Interesting one Mark.Have just noticed you`ve bred a Yellowbeak this season,is this your only one so far?I`ve also managed to breed 2 this season,which i haven`t done for maybe 3 years or more.The thing is with them being recessive,they do turn up in peoples studs from time to time.Oh forget to say my 2 are a Lightback Cock and a Fawnlightback Hen,which is the 1st time i`ve had Yellow beaked Lightbacks.I have in the past bred Normals,Fawns,Creams and Cfws in Yellow Beaked Forms.Has anyone else bred any this year?Would be nice to see some matched pairs on the show scene this season.Scott

Hi ScottI must say this straight away that yes the bird is mine,( QUOTE )but a big but my good friend Dave Huntington has breed this bird this year i just purchased it of him,some where on this forum he has put a picture of it with another yellow beak cock bird matching pair,not shore if he still got cock bird but i will soon find out,mark

Hi Mark,Are you thinking of trying to get hold of the Cock bird as well from Dave?It would then give you a matched pair for showing in the Adult classes this season.I won`t be able to show mines,even although there from the same nest because there 2 different colours of Lightback :lol: Did Dave manage to breed anymore than 2 this season?Scott

Hi Scottnot shore if dave still has the other yellow beak couple week back when i was at daves cant remember seeing it, hopfully find out later via email plus i think there was only 2 bred not shore,mark

Scott/Mark, If it's any use to either of you someone in NW Cheshire is selling some yellow beaks + other zebs. Birdtrader BT132515E Tel:- 01613431871Hope this is of use, Trevor :lol:

Hi TrevorBeen in touch with that bloke and he only lives half mile down road, Only thing is the only yellow beak he has left is normal black cheek yellow beak no good to me,He has 30 birds there left £5 each but will take £2 each if someone takes all of them Bargain for newbie starting up,anyway cheers trev for info :lol: mark

Hi Mark,Are you thinking of trying to get hold of the Cock bird as well from Dave?It would then give you a matched pair for showing in the Adult classes this season.I won`t be able to show mines,even although there from the same nest because there 2 different colours of Lightback ;) Did Dave manage to breed anymore than 2 this season?Scott
well ScottI managed to purchase that mentioned yellow beak cock bird today from good friend dave,4 hour round trip on Bus today but well worth it in the end lovely looking bird 10/10 happy as larry :););) mark

Nice one Mark :) Haven`t decided what i`ll be doing with mines as yet ;) I think i`ll be taking at least 1 Fawnlightback Hen and her brother Normal/fwnltback late 2010 bred to Scottish and Northern if your interested?Ps the father of both birds was a Peter Harrison bird.Private message me if interested.Scott