Sign in to follow this  
kevzeb

Hi allNew member Kev here. Just started keeping Zebra's. I have an aviary 7feet long, 3 feet wide, 5 feet high with a room on the end 2 feet deep, 3 feet high, 2 feet wide. As i am very inexperienced i don't really how many i should have in there. At the moment i have 3 cocks and four hens, all very young, and they all seem very healthy and full of life. The only problem i have is that they don't seem to use the room at the end very much. I have installed a light and put food in there but not much success. I wondered if it was the fact that it has been warm ever since i started and perhaps they don't need to be under cover.I would be grateful for any advice.ThanksKevzeb

Welcome to the forum Kev, I’ll try to answer a few of your questions, but we could do with a bit more information. I’m assuming that your birds are this year’s young and that you have only recently put them in to the flight? If this is the case, then it will take them a little while to get accustomed to their new surroundings, especially if they are cage bred birds. I would also try to keep the number of cocks and hens even, this will reduce the risk of squabbling when they do eventually start to nest. As for the box at the end of your flight, they will soon go in their once the weather gets a little cooler and they need shelter. Hope this bit of information helps. Gary.

Thanks you have been very helpfull. Yes they are this years birds and were bred in an aviary. Looks like i need to get another ****.ThanksKevin