Sign in to follow this  
Ozzy747

Black Face Colouring Up Nicely.

Hi all

Just thought I would share what is quickly becoming one of my favourite birds now it is fully coloured up. This bird came from the only BF bird I had (and it wasnt the best BF to start with). The mother bird was a Crested BB fawn. The cock was a BFLB/pied. Based on this, this bird should be split BB but I can not see any obvious BB visuals in it?

Thanks for looking

Scott

post-163-0-79970400-1388868452_thumb.jpgpost-163-0-69162200-1388868471_thumb.jpg

Nice bird Scott

I guess the white on its wing will mean 'pied' carried from the father. As I've posted before I don't know a lot about colours but it seems to have a deeper band of black on its chest than you would see on a normal bird.

But I'm just guessing, just my thoughts :)  

Emmy

I am also guessing that the white in the wing will mean pied Emmy ;-)

I think the black chest comes from the Black face mutation. The father bird did not have this but I 'think' proper BF do. This really is a mixed up bird genetically but I like it, The parents of this bird also gave me my first orange breast but I then lost the mother! :-(

Thanks 

Scott

Scott I still think its a really nice bird

I have one male OB but I  think it may be split for BB. I paired it up to a BB hen (which a the time I thought was an OB hen  :fool:) and I got 2 BB cock birds and I think its 2 BB hens -not 100% on the hen's colour though.

Crested BB fawn. The cock was a BFLB/pied.

The fact you got an OB from that pairing would that mean they had been split for OB?

Emmy

The fact you got an OB from that pairing would that mean they had been split for OB?

Emmy

Yes Emmy, they both must have been split OB but you wouldnt have thought it looking at the male.