Linford

Leicestershire Calling!

Well i have been a member of the ZFS for 4 days now. I have no birdroom, no birds but i do have 5 showcages and carry box from when i showed over 35 years ago. It's all the wrong way round really for a starting point. The shed is on order and i am going to Newarke on sunday to have a look round. I have made contact with one Leicestershire breeder (thanks Keiron) but wondered if there were any more active inhabitants of our fair county out there. As i say years ago when i did show there were lots of shows in our area, now it looks like a lot of travelling has to be undertaken to show.

HelloSame problem where i live no clubor anything, that is why i came on here and joined the ZFS a few weeks ago. Already picking up handy hints and cheap equipment. :D

Hi Linford Firstly welcome to the forum i am shore you will enjoy :D I have the same problem i have to travel long way to shows and bird sales my first show i had to travel 126 miles but well worth it in the end met so many other breeders,Have you an idea on your colours you would like to start off with again, Good luck with Newark hope you find some good stock and accessories,mark

I used to breed whites, very simple and straightforward. Do whites do any good at shows, i assume because there are less markings to go wrong, if you see what i mean, then they would always come second to a correctly marked other colour.

Hi LinfordI just looked though some of the ZFS results for this year so far they don't seem to do very well put i did notice Best Junior won with whites, have you had a look on there you can view all results,There not a colour i would go for i like some colour on my birds but thats just my view,mark

Linford, Welcome to the forum, good to see you are coming back to the zebra world again.If you are coming to Newark this sunday i've a table (236) selling zeb's please come over and introduce yourself you are more than welcome even for a chat.Look forward to meeting you,Trevor :D

This site has been extremely usefull and informative, and very busy! Nice to see lots of members logging in on a regular basis, thanks all for the welcome and interest.

Mark I thought you might like this site same with everyone else it is one of the friendliest on the Internet 99% of posts get answered Nealy straight away also,Glad your enjoying it and all the best with your new adventure in the world of zebra finches,mark