How many birds do you have now Sarah? you need to stop posting such lovely photos of the budgies --;)I don't have any budgies (yet?! ) lol  you are putting temptation in my way! :lol:

Emmy

thank you. 

i have taking a liking to the greywing dilute i have named "ghost" after her dad (called Casper)

the YF was a shock as i was expecting another white faced cobalt violet haha

Regarding the SupaPets cages, they ended up costing me about £145....but that was for 6 of them and i find them better and stronger than the official breeder ones (the ones with the fancy metal heats on the doors)......not a big fan of the perches provided with them so i use a wooden perch in them as well as a couple of plastic and one of the ones supplied.

i also bought some of their wooden perches that twist onto the cage bars.....only problem i have is they are not secure at all....instead of staying straight they seem to fall down (diagonally) without any pressure at all.....even the finches couldn't land on the perches haha so while i find some more i have wedged them between the cage bars in the corner of the cage :P

last i checked emmy.....too bloody many! :D

about 40 zebbies

about 20 bengies

about 50-60 budgies 

6 canarys

1 electus

2 senagal parrots

2 love birds

2 kakarikis

1 cockateil

and 1 parrolett

it's a good job your not on my facebook group emmy.....i have just posted 2 albums of all the budgies i have in my aviary at the moment :P

i will try and update on here more often but uni work kind of takes over at the moment........i just wont have time to upload pictures to 2 different places and then write a description :P

i am managing to do it tonight as i have arrived at uni early haha :P 

i have put 2 new pairs together.....i will upload pictures tonight.......

just remembered, how is your clearbody doing chris? :D would love to see some pictures of the chick now :) 

oohhhh i'm exited!!! starting to get eggs off these 2 pairs :D

While mutation wise i am not expecting much, from pair 2 i will be getting some good sized chicks and from pair 1 i will be trying to achieve my grey YF spangle opaline 

pair 1 are a lot smaller than pair 2, both pairs have my own bloodline in them, Trooper and Tango (both 1/2 siblings, same dad)

Pair 1:

Trooper and Snowy 

Trooper: Grey(Blue) YF/ opaline 

Snowy: Blue DF spangle.....unknown if anything else as of yet 

12769492_10153423227187654_403953541_n.t12498647_10153423228107654_1029968121_n.

Pair 2:

Boo: grey(Blue) YF (unknown splits)

Tango: Grey(blue) normal 

12782156_10153423228137654_1577910381_n.12782129_10153423228087654_342109740_n.t

Bloody birds!!!!

My aviary lot are on strike!!!

i order them new nest boxes after putting the old ones up.....thinking they wouldn't breed yet......

they fooled me!!!

one of my girls (polo) laid an egg in nest box 2.....so i thought, oh okay......looks like ill leave her nest box up and change it once her chicks fledged.....

So i go in yesterday....2 days after polo laid and did a nest check, still nothing but polo now had 2 eggs.....fine with me......

heard them squawking like mad at about 5ish......so i thought i had better check on them.......where were all my breeding females?? (i was in shock, couldn't see any of them) so i ran and got my keys and went into the aviary.....next thing i know all the females came out of their nest boxes apart from polo (which i could understand)....

so i thought i'd better check the nest boxes just to ensure that none of my hens had been attacked....this is how it went....

Nest box 1: Lou and Pepper (saw them mating a few times and he doesnt leave her side)....

......slide the door open....OHHHH an egg!! (great!)

Nest box 2: Polo and a rescue budgie.....still 2 eggs :) fine by me, shes a good mummy 

-she now has 3 eggs as i have had to foster an egg.

Nest box 3: Olivia and Viking.......Olivia is an older bird but i dont know her exact age........but she had a big egg bump! 

-checked today, she has laid and egg but sadly prolapsed afterwards, she is ok, i have fostered her egg to polo and removed her from the aviary, she will be noted as a non-breeder 

Nest box 4: Squeak......i'm not sure who her partner is....keeping an eye on her......but again AN EGG!!! (i'm thinking there fake eggs at this point, but by how shocked my mum was.....i highly doubt there fake)

Nest box 5: Georgia and Big Boy (paired up again).......ANOTHER EGG!!!!! 

Lastly nest box 6 & 7 both dont have eggs in (thank god)........but they are the nest boxes that dont need replacing!!!!!!

So.....out of 7 nest boxes.......5 have eggs!!!! and a total of 6 eggs so far!!!!....5 laid on the same day!!!!!

i'm going to need more leg rings......although im not expecting many of them to hatch :P 

• Like 1