Sign in to follow this  
zebba 'D'

Black Cheeks

hi trevor,Cheers for that mate, i didnt no you see a friend of mine said to never put male and female black cheeks together. Will the off spring be 100% blackcheek.Chris

Chris, Should be mate, but you never know what they could be split for, a lot of genes lay dormant for years and when another matched gene comes along and bang out they come, completly by surprise.So for ex, if just your BC male was split for fawn, so the pairing would be BC/Fawn x BCYou would get:-25% Black cheeked /Fawn Males25% Black cheeked Fawn Females25% Black cheeked Males25% Black cheeked Femalesso don't be surprised if something a bit different comes out.Trevor :)

if you pair black cheek to black cheek size can sometimes suffer ....(similar penguin to penguin )..so working with a good normal and then working with the splits will take a tad longer but you'll hopefully end up with better birds in the long run

Well said jeff you can improve your quality if by using good splits rather than using BC to BC,I have done this with some Combo birds,i bred a OBBBBF to a good size Normal cock the resulting Normal split was far larger than the original hen and a better bird than i may of otherwise been achived.Paul.