Sign in to follow this  
Evan Ryan

Unknown Hen

Hi All,Just thought I'd post this photo and see what you came up with.Does anybody have any idea what the hen in the photo is? She is now dead and I never got anything from her, she was picked up at a bird sale several years ago so her parentage was unknown. I liked to dabble with the colours so bought her to try her out with a blackbrested cock I had, but as I have said - to no avail.It occured to me that she might be just a bad normal.Hope you can come up with more answers than we could!!

post-354-009243000 1327256633_thumb.jpg

Looks maybe a partial melanistic normal hen As if she was a ob or bb carrier shed have tail markings as well as body marking Maybe why she didn't breed mate, how long did you own her? Melanism can be due to poor diet or conditions previously Dave

Looks maybe a partial melanistic normal hen As if she was a ob or bb carrier shed have tail markings as well as body marking Maybe why she didn't breed mate, how long did you own her? Melanism can be due to poor diet or conditions previously Dave
That's actually what I thought. I only had her for about 18 months, she was an adult when I got her. As a matter of fact, I don't even think she laid for me!!