alexx

Eumo Black Cheeks

Hi !Not much for now, I work mostly split x split, so little Eumo but the birds are larger and it avoids the problems of feathers ...

Not really, they can easily fly in a cage but not in aviary! More they are black, unless they fly well; that's the problem....It's Recessive: eumo x grey = 100% split eumo.There is not much Eumo in UK?

Nice birdI did not know that there is a eumo breeder so near from me, i've a pair split for eumo and BC but i've never had eumo BC with this pair, only eumo or BC (and a lot of normal !)

We now have 7 breeders out of 45 that have voted on the poll on this site that breed the Eumo, have voted on the poll (which colures do you keep) below is the link to the poll,My linkmark

Hi Alex,I bred eumos last year that flew perfectly in an aviary, these were bred from both full x split and split x split. Lots of people seem to say that eumos bred from split x split fly better but its not true. Another thing I have read before is that the more black an eumo is, the worse they are at flying, this is not true either. I have bred very black eumos which fly just as well as poorer coloured birds.Good luckPete

Hi Pete, I didn't said I'm a expert in eumo! I just want to share my short experience with this mutation and what I precedently wrote is what I saw with my birds. Nothing else!But maybe you have others thing to teach me about that.