Keri and Wayne Davies

Photo Of 2012 Youngster

Firstly welcome to the forum Keri & Wayne hope you enjoy as we all do on here,Looking at that picture of your bird looks really promising and has potential prospects, I do notice the ring number is 01 is this your first this season and how many pairs do you have breeding at moment looks like you know about the zebra finch world looking at the quality off this one!! Have you introduced your self in introductions??mark

Cheers for your comments, it is 1 st rung chick of season, i've got about a dozen lightbacks so far but thats from about 16 pairs , paired up since end of november. My dad, Keri, concentrates on cfw's, he's got off to a simular start, the breeding season always seems to pick up in april, so early days i suppose.Wayne.

Hi WayneI was reading somewhere and your name shoots out at me i am shore i recognise the name are you novice breeders or champion breeders,mark

Hi WayneI thought i was on right road there when i said i thought i know you, your name came straight out at me i have been reading every zfs report results on the show bench, It is really good that you have joined us here and really looking forward to your thoughts on subjects and i my self need help on certain mutations i am glad you have joined our forum site,mark

Hi Keri and WayneLooking good, always nice when the first chick is a good one!Welcome on boardCheersPete (Hook)

Hi WayneWhich colours of Lightback do you breed!I myself breed Fawn lightbacks and Cream Lightbacks,mark

Hi mark,Mostly normal fairly dark lightbacks, but struggled last year to bench good matched breeder pairs, this was because nearly all my youngsters last here were from lightback cock / cfw hen pairings, the problem with this was all of last years cocks were much lighter than the hens and split cfw. Trying not to use many cfw hens this year to try and keep them from going too light.Wayne.

Hi WayneAll my Fawn Lightbacks are paired to Creams and my ambition was this year to breed my first Cream Lightback and i made my ambition come true i got a Cream Lightback hen right good size shape and type all i have to do now is breed cock bird to go with her on show bench,mark

Hi WayneAll my Fawn Lightbacks are paired to Creams and my ambition was this year to breed my first Cream Lightback and i made my ambition come true i got a Cream Lightback hen right good size shape and type all i have to do now is breed cock bird to go with her on show bench,mark

Hi Pete, Cheers for the comment, how are things going your end, rung many ?, how many pairs have you got down breeding ?Wayne.
Not too bad, think I have about 20/25 rung with 2012, had a few late bred ones so its more like 40, will try pairing up less this year have about 5 pairs down at the moment.Good Luck

Hi mark, Sounds great, would be great if u do.how many have you rung so far.Wayne
Hi WayneUp to now rung 21 and another 8 to ring plus another box off 5 fertile eggs and this is me for next couple months done until i am back on me feet,mark