Hi all,Just to share with you all, i had this little one come out the nest today 3 weeks old. What do you think?I had the father of the chick from Keiron Kent lovely looking male.Cheers chris

Hi mate,I no he was a cracking male, i had 3 off him the first round nice size birds and he has just had 2 one been the one in the picture, its the best one out of the first very plz with it.chris

Well done Chris......showbench calling!!!!Keiron, thats whats called a cock up.How's Camerons new birds settling in.Mark

Hi Mark (Linford)lol. not at all, I have all his family members at home :rolleyes: if i remember right Chris was after breeding some size into his stud, so I happily let the cock bird go, he also had a few other good sized mutations from me which he’s told me are doing the business for him.!Cameron’s birds have settled in well. He has already planned out which he’s pairing together.lol. His ZFS rings turned up yesterday as well.! Keiron

hi linford,Do you think its show bench quailty, im not sure what is to be honest i havent shown birds before i was just lookin to build my stock and size up first keiron sorted me out with some cracking birds which have all done me well.Only thing is i forgot to ring the chick up it has split ring on but no zfs ring, gutted about that.Chris

Best things to do is studie the show standard to get an idea of the shape then when you can enter your birds into a show or two and see what they look like against the other birds at the show,you never know you might just get a nice surprise.Paul.

I agree, you need to compare your birds against others before you will really know what direction you need to go in.It's also a good ides to get the opinion from a show judge as well.After saying all this I don't show my birds, but I do try to follow the show bench standard.Gary.

Chris said

Only thing is i forgot to ring the chick up it has split ring on but no zfs ring, gutted about that
Does this mean you cant enter a bird into any competion if they are not ringed would it be acceptable if it was a split ring on the bird if the show wasnt organised by the ZFS? Emmy

Hi Emmy,Im not 100% sure but i think i read somewhere that you can enter birds that haven't been rung into the Adult classes held by the ZFS.Im sure someone on here will have a better insight into your questionRegardsKeiron