Sign in to follow this  
mark1e

Is This A Yellow Beak Lightback!

Looking at my birds today and noticed this cream lightbacks beak looks as if it is going to be yellow beak am i right, i know it's not best of pic's but best i could get on mobile phone,post-84-0-99032300-1333551124_thumb.jpgpost-84-0-03460200-1333551164_thumb.jpgmark

Mark, I don't think it is, from what i can remember the yellow beak is more yellow than that, even on a youngster.Ps hopefully soon mark i will post some pic's of my 2 young creams i've just had come out, so you can run your pro' eye over them.Trevor :p

Hi TrevorIt was just a thought that it might have been yellow,Looking forward to seeing your young creams,mark

Mark, Just forgot one thing i think yellow beaks are ressessive so both of the parents would have to be split for Y/B. I would have thought that would have been unlikely, yes?Another Ps how are you doing now? (hope you don't mind me asking)

Good thinking Trevor only one parent is Y/B fawn lightback hen,As for how am i doing well mate i am doing better than i thought i would be by this time, walking around house unaided now only using one crutch when i am outside just in case at moment don't want to push it before i can run :Dmark

Mark, Just forgot one thing i think yellow beaks are ressessive so both of the parents would have to be split for Y/B. I would have thought that would have been unlikely, yes?Another Ps how are you doing now? (hope you don't mind me asking)
Yellow beak is recessive, but recessive forms can lay undiscovered for several generations, so you may have to look back to several more generations than just the parents (i doubt if mark has this info),?This is quite a common trait with recessive genes, where breeders who have no visuals in their birdrooms but "suprises" turn up from time to time, its just a case of putting the correct 2 birds together, a bit like winning the lottery , so to speak.Not sure from the photo if is a yellow beak mark, will have to see how it maturesDave

you have had a few birds off me over the last couple of years mark,not including the pair of yellow beaks you took last year and i seem to get a couple pop up every year in the fawn linesif either of the parents were related to my lines more than a chance they could be carrying yellow beak mate.Dave