Sign in to follow this  
ricardomp

Introduction

Hi all,My name is Ricardo, 30yo from Portugal.I bred zebras for about 12 years but stopped 2 years ago. Family, work, free time, changing house, all considered I just couldn't keep with everything and has to let go of my birds for a while. That also kept me away from internet groups and lists (used to be on the zebrafinch list on yahoogroups)I kept mostly show zebras and a few species os african finches.Now that things have settled a but I've decided to get back but it will still take some time to get up and going. My breeding cages are still packed away adn waiting. First it will take a while until our new house is ready and can finally include a proper birdroom.In the meantime, it's good to get back to talking about zebras and catch up on things and new trends.Regards,Ricardo M.

Welcome to the forum Ricardo,I hope the forum will give you all the information you need when making that crucial decision on what types to select for your new setup.Gary.

Thank you both for your welcome.Gary, I have a pretty good idea of what I want to get into regarding varieties.Normals, Fawns, CFWs, Grey LBs and Fawn cheek (which I love). Aiming to start with about 30 pairs in total 5-6 pairs each given some will be needed for outcrossing.But this "comeback" will probably not happen before later in 2012. On my previous house I had a separate bird house with 2 rooms and 3 outdoor flights (for other species). That was 80 cages in total, which I don't have time for at the moment. I built that from an old stable we had, adapting it the best I could. Now I want to build it from zero, just for birds so I'll work the other way around.I have an idea of what I want to do and getting back into discussing zebra breeding with all of you will surely help my planning.Regards,