Sign in to follow this  
ukfinch

newbeee

hello my name is Greg i am very inexperienced about finches of any kinda but i have been reading up for a few months and i deiced today to get 2 zebra finches that are living in some breeding cages in a garage and will be moving in to a big outside avery when it warms up abit. i think i have a male and a female but as i brought them from a shop i dont think they really knew much about them (i know i should have gone to a breeder :) but its too late now) anyway i will put photos up of them tomorrow and show u i would also like to know what subspecies they are :) i am very new to birds but moving in to a new house witch had 5 avery's and 6 breeding cages i decied to give them a go i am more of a tortoise man myself i keep and breed tortoises but i also have 2 chinchillas,3 guniea pigs,2 rabbies,3 syrian hamsters,1 chineses hamster,1 dog,4 indian stick insects,1 white oranda (goldfish) and 13 tortoises. i live in Drayton (Oxfordshire) i am 18 years old i think thats everything :D

Hello GregWelcome to the forum,thats a long list of pets you have there,did you move into Noah's Ark :) If you want to find Breeders of Zebra finches check out the Zebra finch society website it cost £12 a year if you want to become a member.Paul.

welcome Greg you will find people on here are realy helpfull for those that want to learn about zebra finches all you need is ask and you get a proper anser staight way good luck, mark

Welcome to the forum Greg.Looks like you’ve got quite a menagerie there, glad to hear you’ve added a couple of Zebs.If there’s anything you need to know, just ask.We look forward to seeing your photos and giving advice on the type you have.Gary.

Hi Greg, Welcome to zff, you will deffinatly get help on here, don't hesitate to ask no problem to us. 1st tip:- you will find zebra finches are a bit quicker than tortoises to catch :) All the best, Regards Trevor :)

thanks everyone for your replies im glad i found this place i should have joined before i got themand when to a breeder but i will in future