Sign in to follow this  
mark1e

Creams

i now have my first pair of creams in the next couple weeks will breed from them hopfully, at the moment they are in the house with the other birds i got from stafford i will keep them in house for 2 weeks then but out in breeding cages in avairy shed this is first time having creams so any info from yourselfs breeding them very much wellcome, what colour would you but with them or shall i breed them together they are unrelated pair 2010 real nice size as well cheers ,,,mark

Personally i would split them up and pair with fawns, this is what i've done with mine which i bred in 2010. I think you get a better cream colour by pairing to fawn, also you can get a stud of creams quicker as well. Approx 50% of the nests i was getting were cream.2nd I would split those birds up because you don't want the hen mating with a different male colour. If it's possible i would put all the hens together to stop this happening, until you pair up. Hope this helps, Trevor ;)

I Agree with Trevor he is spot on with the pairing to fawns and keeping the hens away from any cock birds till your ready to breed.Paul.

cheers for that trevor and paul luckly i allso bought pair of fawns from john and lynne winterbottom right good pair as i do say myself they are only october 2010 just 5 month so will wait another 5/6 weeks before pairing them up with creams, good thing you said about seperating them as right at this moment paired together so in morning i will seperate them cheers for info, mark

Has anyone ever bred any Creams from a Silver x fawn or Fawn x Silver pairing ?.Paul.

i know CFWs are involed some where will take a pic off the ones i bought,,mark

Has anyone ever bred any Creams from a Silver x fawn or Fawn x Silver pairing ?.Paul.
Paul:- It was 2009 that i bred my first cream from a Fawn x Silver pair not very productive out of two broods i got two hens. But having said that from only one of the hens (just as a trial run in 2010). I had two broods 1st brood 4 young = 3 x fawn + 1 x cream, 2nd brood 5 young = 3 x cream + 2 x fawn. This will back up what i said yesterday about splitting that pair of creams that mark has which you agreed what i said. I took 2 creams to newark and they sold fairly quick, i think they are a popular colour with people. Trevor ;)

Hi Trevor,Unfortunately Creams are another colour that`s becoming scarce on the show bench.It`s a real shame because Dilutes are my favs ;) Lets hope more people decide to try and breed this lovely mutation.Scott

Hi Trevor,Unfortunately Creams are another colour that`s becoming scarce on the show bench.It`s a real shame because Dilutes are my favs ;) Lets hope more people decide to try and breed this lovely mutation.Scott
Scott, I think it's a shame, same with black cheeks they are getting scarcer as well. Unless you are lucky enough to buy any of these fair enough, a lot of people are not interested in trying to breed them from the start. Most of these people do not join this type of forum to learn how to. This is why i like colour breeding i can spend time doing this, but from the show point of veiw time is not on their side if anyone starts out to show creams you would probably have to buy your stud to get going or on the other hand change to a different colour. When i sell at newark i'm always asked for cream, blackcheeks especialy bccfw's and pieds all of these to get yourself you have to work at. Hope you can see what i'm trying to put acrossed. Trevor :angry:

well saying that creams are coming scarce on the show bench this is one of the reasons i want to breed creams and want to learn more about them and those breeders who do have them try and get some good blood line of them in my own stock, and as for cream lightbacks i was talking to louds of zebra breeders and none of them have never seen cream lightback i know of 2 other persons that have them and keeping it a under my hat ;) mark

well saying that creams are coming scarce on the show bench this is one of the reasons i want to breed creams and want to learn more about them and those breeders who do have them try and get some good blood line of them in my own stock, and as for cream lightbacks i was talking to louds of zebra breeders and none of them have never seen cream lightback i know of 2 other persons that have them and keeping it a under my hat :angry: mark
That wouldn`t happen to be Dave and Dave by any chance Mark ;) Scott

Scott, I think it's a shame, same with black cheeks they are getting scarcer as well. Unless you are lucky enough to buy any of these fair enough, a lot of people are not interested in trying to breed them from the start. Most of these people do not join this type of forum to learn how to. This is why i like colour breeding i can spend time doing this, but from the show point of veiw time is not on their side if anyone starts out to show creams you would probably have to buy your stud to get going or on the other hand change to a different colour. When i sell at newark i'm always asked for cream, blackcheeks especialy bccfw's and pieds all of these to get yourself you have to work at. Hope you can see what i'm trying to put acrossed. Trevor :angry:
Funny you should mention Blackcheeks Trevor,their like gold dust these days even the small petshop ones.I use to breed them in the 90s but gave up towards the end of the 90s to concentrate on my Normals and in the last 10 years i can`t really say i`ve seen many at all being showed.If i`m lucky enough to see any again that i like,i would snap the persons hand of for them ;) Scott

Funny you should mention Blackcheeks Trevor,their like gold dust these days even the small petshop ones.I use to breed them in the 90s but gave up towards the end of the 90s to concentrate on my Normals and in the last 10 years i can`t really say i`ve seen many at all being showed.If i`m lucky enough to see any again that i like,i would snap the persons hand of for them ;) Scott
scott there is a local person near me that keeps selling blackcheecks to my local pet shop they are small put realy nice condition theres louds around here, mark

I managed to pick up 3 x bccfw's this year, i've got 2 of them paired off 1 with cfw split bc1 with gc white type to see if i can improve the faded cheek patch.In the aviary i've got 2 x bc greys, 1 x bc fawn and a bc l/backI've also got 4 x BFBC all males, so hopefully i can keep some for a few more year Trevor ;)

Thanks Mark for the info on the Blackcheeks but i reckon i`ll stick with what i have for now.As i`ve said in earlier posts i`m going to try my hand at breeding a few Silverlightbacks and also some Chesnut Whitecheeks this season.Scott

Ive managed to breed a fair number of blackcheeks this year already and have had better results from them than i have with my normals so far,ive got several different colored blackcheek mutations im now waiting for eggs from a hen bc cream x bc lightback cock poss silver lb?Some of my bc stock came from a zfs member and are good sized birds so am looking forward to seeing how youngsters turn out.

Thanks Mark for the info on the Blackcheeks but i reckon i`ll stick with what i have for now.As i`ve said in earlier posts i`m going to try my hand at breeding a few Silverlightbacks and also some Chesnut Whitecheeks this season.Scott
Hi Scott,I have weaned one CFW cheeked hen so far and another 3 in the nest at the moment, nice birds too. I dont have the right mutations to breed any cocks this year, but that wouldnt be a problem for next year. If I have any to go I will let you know.CheersPete

Nice one Ty, Stick with the black cheeks now you've made the break through with them, stick at it now you're getting your own bloodline hardest bit is done. With BC x BC later with your stock it should start to really grow. All the best Ty, Trevor :) Ps have those crested bc's bred yet?

Hi Pete,Like the head features of the hen you`ve bred so far :) What do you mean Pete by a Lb cheeked hen,is it Blackcheeked LB ?I`m thinking of pairing a Cfw cock with washed out markings to my only Greycheek hen.I think this pairing will only produce Chesnut Whitecheek hens though.Scott

Thanks Scott, Lightback Cheek in the same way as you get Grey Cheek and Fawn Cheek. So If you paired a Lightback cock to a Grey Cheek hen you would breed a number of Lightback Cheek hens.Yeh, you would only breed CFW cheek hens from that pairing,Pete

Thanks Scott, Lightback Cheek in the same way as you get Grey Cheek and Fawn Cheek. So If you paired a Lightback cock to a Grey Cheek hen you would breed a number of Lightback Cheek hens.Yeh, you would only breed CFW cheek hens from that pairing,Pete
Have you got a pic of a Lightback Cheek Hen Pete,is i don`t think i`ve seen 1 before.CheersScott