Sign in to follow this  
dreamronnie

Where Do I Go From Here...?

My grand-daughter bought a ready made aviary which I had to dismantle to get it through her house, and then reassemble! Of course, after seeing the birds installed, I was hooked.

I then made an outside aviary for myself, bought three pairs of Zebra Finches in August ( plus two Canaries) and now have TWENTY TWO birds. Worried about winter, and having a friend feed them when I am away later this month, I have built an inside aviary in my workshop, caught them all and moved them inside.

I have no interest in show breeding and am a bit concerned at having to shut them away although I intend to add an outside flight area that they can access. I'm rambling a bit but am concerned at " where to go from here" and would welcome any comments or suggestions please.

Ron

hi ron

my zebs and canaries are out in my aviary all year round though i do have a night shelter with nest boxes in side they prefer to be in the flight which has polythene all around,i have made frames so i can take them down in the morning and put them back at night which i do even in the summer because it helps to keep the cats off,the other night i forgot to put them back on and my outside light came on when i looked out of my bedroom window at 1o'clock in the morning there was a cat hanging on the wire trying to get to my birds,but getting back to the winter thing my birds love their daily bath outside even when i have had to break the ice,in the winter if there is a really bitter wind i leave the panels up and it can get nice and warm in there.

steve