Sign in to follow this  
zebbie007

What Colour Are These

Hi all,

I bought these 2 cocks in the local pet shop today. They are not massive birds but stood out from the others they have.

1 of these has a slightly overshot beak which I have trimmed and will keep an eye on.

What colour are they....

P1030930.jpg

P1030927.jpg

Thank you :)

Hello

They are Fawn Isabels and one does look like it may be split Black breast, it has elongated flank spots and the orange in the cheeks seems to leak outside the normal cheek positon.

Paul.

Thank you Paul.

I am guessing you are thinking the one on the right is split black breast?

His cheek patch and flankings are a lot more intense than the other one.

What would be my outcomes here if they were paired to Fawn Hens?

Thank you :)

Hi Paul

My instant reaction was Florida fancy for the bird on the left. I would assume you to be correct with your description, so, out of curiosity......whats the diference?

Hi Scott

I'm not really up much on Florida Fancy's but what i do know is the Florida Fancy is co-dominant meaning it has Single and Double factor birds with the double factor birds being much lighter and the black "Eumelanin" is much more reduced than in the Single factor birds. The Isabel mutation belongs to the Recessive group of mutations and has splits and visual birds.

Paul.

Hi Pip

Close but not full BB one may be a split as it shows signs of BB in the cheeks and flanks, a full BB bird would have a lot more orange cheek extension to the back and top of the head also bits of orange to differing amounts on the wings and back.

Paul.

Hi Pip

Signs of BB are often seen in split birds such as the flank marks in the right hand bird in the photo,even BB split hens can show signs of ghost flank as well as other signs of being split BB.

Paul.