casamber

Isabel Hen

Does anyone know how to tell if a BB isabel hen is split to OB? The guy i bought her from told me she is but i cant tell. Thanks :)

Hi

Isabel isn't really my colour but if she was a full OB it would show in her flight feathers and in the tail bars, as for if she is split im not sure i have Normal's who are split OB and in them it show in the tail bars as orange bits in the cocks its also in the breast bars as well as the tail.

Paul.

Hi,

Adding to pauls answer i think they can have what i call false cheek patches and these can be a pale orange colour, no good for showing but apparently better for breeding.

All the best,

Trevor :)

Hi Guys,

The hen in the pic looks like, the hen I have had Silvers( Bred from a dominant Silver) from this year also lightbacks and Creams & various combos that I'm stll working out.

With lot of help from this forum :)

She was bred from Dominat Silver Split BB/OB Lines, Combining BC Not sure this is correctly written.

But might help :)

I cant say that i've noticed any orange in the tail or cheeks but she is a very dark cream colour with the grey streaks. It gives her an orangey look if that makes sense?

I used to think she was a silver too but she has produced 10 chicks since ive had her and they have all been grey/BB so i no longer think she is silver. Maybe a lightback but i would say more likely to be grey.

I am hoping to pair her with my orange breast in the future then i will find out for sure, i just hate waiting to find out!

Thanks for all your help :)

Hi Casamber

This hen seems to be a fawn Isabel BB wether she is split OB im unable to say Isabel is not my colour.

The thing with Creams and Silver is they are just Fawns and Normals who are diluted in colour, but unlike this bird they are still marked in the same way only lighter unless another mutation is in play as well.

Paul.

Are you sure about the fawn? She has a lot of grey on her head and wings so i just assumed normal? I guess i still have a lot to learn :blush:

Hi

Its to hard to call i dont see any grey on my screen but you can tell better from the real thing, she could well be she is quite coloured i guess for a fawn isabel which i think tend to be pailer than Normal isabels but like i say it not my colour.

Paul.

the general color of the bird, also light orange flanked and seems have an orange line on tail