casamber

What Do Orange Breast Chicks Look Like?

I have my orange breast cock paired up with my black breast isabel hen. The breeder that i bought the isabel from, told me that she has orange breast in her, so i would expect orange breast chicks from this pair. However the 5 chicks that they have are 2 weeks old now and feathering up nicely, but i see no orange???

Do orange breast chicks fledge with the orange tail coverts, or do they moult into them later? And also do they have tear marks that moult out at a later date?

These chicks are not even slightly what i expected so far!

At the moment I have a pair of Orange breasted sitting on 6 eggs but the last lot didnt hatch out so I'm sorry I cant help you re the colour of the chicks, but I'm interested to find out what to expect when and if they do hatch this time

Emmy

Hi

A Normal BBOB Fledgling.

13-8-12OBBB.jpg

Another

15-7-12d.jpg

Fawn BBOB

12-2-12.jpg

Hope this helps sorry but i don't breed straight OB's

Paul.

Thank you Paul. Thats some lovely looking chicks you have there. My chicks are only split BB so have the bars on the tails. I cant see any orange there at all. Another question if you dont mind... :D 3 of the chicks look like fawns but with pink beaks instead of black. Is that normal? :lol: The dad is grey and the last clutch he raised were all greys, with not a fawn in sight.