AZIMGHUR1990

Hello And Thank You

I have been a soldier for 23 years but before hand i used to keep foreign birds with my father.

I have now left the army and have decided to get back into showing/breeding birds and have chosen the Zebra Finch.

Seems like a lot has changed in the last 23 years.

bird room is built and cages installed just need to find the right birds to start me off again. 

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you've made the right decision in going into zeb's again.

We're a good bunch on here so anything you want to know just go ahead and ask.

All the best for 2013.

Trevor :)

Good Another Fifer! ;)  Welcome to the forum. Do you know that there is a bird sale on the last Sunday of every month  in

the Victoria  hall at the Milton of Balgonie. Bird food, accessories etc is also on sale then (Next  sale will probably be end ofJanuary)

Colin Clark who is a member on here,(he breeds zebra finches)may be able to give you a few contacts.

Good luck with starting up again.

Emmy

Good Another Fifer! ;)  Welcome to the forum. Do you know that there is a bird sale on the last Sunday of every month  in

the Victoria  hall at the Milton of Balgonie. Bird food, accessories etc is also on sale then (Next  sale will probably be end ofJanuary)

Colin Clark who is a member on here,(he breeds zebra finches)may be able to give you a few contacts.

Good luck with starting up again.

Emmy

Yeah I know about the sales in Coaltown of Balgonie, been to the last three sales... was going to head there on Sunday coming but can't make it.(the sale is on this Sunday by the way)

I got 4 pairs of zebras as a freebie today so thats a start for now. Pair of normal greys, 2 pairs of fawns and a grey white pied pair. (not exhibition standard but its a start.

Looking for black cheeked and penguins if you know of any, I'm not scared to pay for them either.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you've made the right decision in going into zeb's again.

We're a good bunch on here so anything you want to know just go ahead and ask.

All the best for 2013.

Trevor :)

hello thanks for the welcome, I've always had a soft spot for Zebras, used to have parrots parakeets and various other foreign birds. but have decided to stick with Zebra finches this time round.

All the best for the new year

Shugster

Hi Shugster,

I didnt think the sale would be on this Sunday-thanks for reminding me.

Just been thinking -was it by any chance you who was buying  a pair of Bengales finches at your first visit to the Milton of Balgonie sale? There was only 2 pairs of Bengalese finches left and  I was buying the other pair when I was asked by the person selling them if I would mind letting  this gentleman,who was buying the other  pair have them and I could get mine at the next sale. He did say the person wanting them was just out of the army and was starting up the hobby again. So if that was you -you have spoken to me and you did go home with the two pairs of bengalese finches. :lol:

Emmy

Hi Shugster,

I didnt think the sale would be on this Sunday-thanks for reminding me.

Just been thinking -was it by any chance you who was buying  a pair of Bengales finches at your first visit to the Milton of Balgonie sale? There was only 2 pairs of Bengalese finches left and  I was buying the other pair when I was asked by the person selling them if I would mind letting  this gentleman,who was buying the other  pair have them and I could get mine at the next sale. He did say the person wanting them was just out of the army and was starting up the hobby again. So if that was you -you have spoken to me and you did go home with the two pairs of bengalese finches. :lol:

Emmy

Hello there, Yes that was me, and thanks again for letting me get both pairs. I have since added 2 pairs of Java Sparrows and 4 pairs of Zebras.

Heading down south soon to get some blacked cheeked zebras and some penguins.

Trying to get mt birds from different places so as not have related birds.

Nice to hear from you again.

All the best.

Hello there, Yes that was me,

Small world isnt it! Hope you get what you're looking for -good luck.

Emmy