Sign in to follow this  
birdfan13

Pair Fighting !

Hi everyone 

Jack and Jill are fighting today.

Is it just Jack being protective of Fidget in nest, or is it something else, keeps pecking at Jill  when she tries to get back in nest?

Maybe its time to separate Fidget from the parents. Or you could tie some string to the cage ---when this happens with mine I cut 4or 5- 10cm lengths of sting and keeping them together fold them in half and loop it through the spars on the cage, which will give you  8/10 5cms lengths of string for him to peck at that it would help take his attention away from 'Jill'

Emmy

Thanks Emmy will try that.  :) 

Fidget is sat in their grit bowl. Flew out just now , just getting used to the perches and we are putting some seed/egg food in a small dish.

Sat on my shoulder then my head. post-1331-0-48637800-1358868230_thumb.jp

Hi

As a standard part of my breeding routine i remove the nest box once all chicks fledged the nest, allowing the pair to lay a second clutch of eggs can cause problems for both the breeding pair and for the chicks, only once the chicks are fully able to feed themselves and removed to a different cage "unless in a large flight" should the pair be allowed to have another round.

Paul.

Thanks Paul.

Removed the nest last night,they fought for a bit but today they are calmer , showing Fidget around the cage etc.

Going to get a different colour Zebra Finch to accompany Fidget in a new cage once we know what sex Fidget is.