Mister Finch

Hello All! :)

This is Mister finch from Pakistan! surprise surprise!:D

I m into breeding zebra finches these days and i just love these little cuddly looking birds. i never get tired of watching them do everything like making a nest and taking a bath and scratching eachother from their beaks! 

these days i m breeding a CFW crested male with a black cheek white female. they have laid 2 eggs and tomorrow i hope i will see the third and more i hope in the coming days. I really hope i get atleast one crested offspring! if i do, i will feel like i'm on the moon! i plan to have a lots of crested birds from just this one male crested bird. thats my aim for now from this pair.. if any knowledgeable person can guide me further about crested breeding , i will be really thankful!

Secondly i have 4 pairs of  grey bodied black cheeks. I plan to breed the black cheek male with a clack cheek female, is this okay? i have been doing this before, and in a colony setting. What do u guys suggest? is colony breeding a good thing to do as far as getting more offsprings is concerned??

Some people have suggested me that for best results breed them in pairs and not in a colony. do u guys agree??

and thirdly i m breeding normal grey Zebra finches, i have 4 pairs of them and they are a tough lot. they are crazily building nests and mating..

and fourthly i m breeding one pair of silver dominant male with a fawn pied female. what will this breeding result in?? the female has a bit of white in her wings and neck.

and one very important question i wanna ask is that i bred a black cheek male with a normal grey female, which resulted in normal grey hens black cheek split. when these splits of black cheek hen mated with a normal grey male, they gave me a silver dominant male mentioned above. is that possible?? 

i know the message got a little too long! lol, but i had so many questions for such a long time that i just spilled it out all at once.. I will really appreciate if anyone at all can answer my questions. Thankyou guys:)

M/F,

1.   I answered this one on your other question on forum

2. No problems BC x BC if you set out to want BC then cage breed is best then you deffinately know the parentage for further breeding.

3. Silver x Fawn Pied :-

25% Normal/Pied Fawn Males

25%Normal/Pied Females

25% Silver (SF) /Pied Fawn Males

25%Silver (SF) /Pied Females

4. The answer to that is no, to get dominant silver one of the pair must show this and it cannot be carried.

No problems with asking questions thats what we are all on here for to help one another in any way minor or major questions.

Trevor :)