These are my 2 Isabel chicks at 6 weeks old now. I wish knew if they are male or female already so i can name them!

post-833-0-20051100-1365071039_thumb.jpgpost-833-0-77883100-1365071041_thumb.jpgpost-833-0-78325000-1365071052_thumb.jpg

Kerry

And Happy Birthday to this Orange Breast chick i was lucky enough to see hatch this morning!

post-833-0-20014900-1365071352_thumb.jpg

Kerry

Kerry wonderful photographs. The Isabel chicks are gorgeous but your wee OB chick looks as though its decided to  hide its head and thinking ,"I'm not coming out I'm too young to get my photo taken"  :rofl:  

Marvellous when you are actually there when they hatch.

Emmy

Love the pics  :)

Beautiful colour

Feeling ill today  :( so off to bed for me. Getting a nest box next week and as soon as my girls are back to school/nursery will let Fudge and Beauty breed. Hopefully they will have a nice sized clutch

Kerry wonderful photographs. The Isabel chicks are gorgeous but your wee OB chick looks as though its decided to  hide its head and thinking ,"I'm not coming out I'm too young to get my photo taken"  :rofl:  

Marvellous when you are actually there when they hatch.

Emmy

Thanks Emmy, i'm really excited to see what the isabels will look like after they moult.

I am sure the OB chick was trying to climb back into the egg after he realised it was snowing out here. Much too cold for such a little darling :laugh:

Love the pics  :)

Beautiful colour

Feeling ill today  :( so off to bed for me. Getting a nest box next week and as soon as my girls are back to school/nursery will let Fudge and Beauty breed. Hopefully they will have a nice sized clutch

Thanks and i hope you feel better soon! I cant wait for fudge and Beauty to have babies, they are both such beautiful birds.

Kerry

Kerry,

All four Isabels i had in 2013 were males.

A pic of them (as young) are in my gallery + a pic of one of them coloured up in the aviary next to a BFBC.

Well done,

Trevor :)

Thanks Trevor :D I will go look at your pictures and compare them to mine. I think one may be male and the other female as they look so different. One of them has a lot of orange/cream colour but the other is mostly grey.

Kerry

Looks like i was right... one male and one female. But i am a little confused about the male... His cheek patches are very pale and nothing like the adult isabels i have. He is still moulting and doesn't have much of his flanks through yet but they are slowly appearing. But those cheek patches are confusing me!

Kerry

Thats Great, One of mine has turned out to be male as well, cann't wait ti'll he colours up :D

Cant wait to see yours when it's fully moulted Clare, and mine too! It's so exciting :D

Kerry