Emmy

Any Suggestions Welcome

When I was checking that the closed rings were still on I took these photos any ideas what colour they will be?

(cock is OB/BB?  hen BB)

when turned over two of them have pale orangy colour and the other one is white underneath

Any suggestions welcome.

Emmy

IMG_1441_Copy.jpg

IMG_1442_Copy.jpg

IMG_1443_Copy.jpg

They look exactly like some chicks I have right now about the same age. I think they may be BB and possibly OB too. Hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Kerry

hi emmy

to me they all look blackbreasted even the fawn chick is the hen just bb or can she be split for ob and are both parents normal. you will have to wait till they get more feathers on them to see if they have ob in them but if the hen is only bb then all the chicks will be split for ob .if both parents are normal then the fawn will be a female and your male ob/bb is split for fawn aswell. when they get more feathers you will no properly what they will be ok hope this helps

richard

Many thanks Richard

Guess we are all the same we want to have those wee chicks flying before they can hop :crazy:

I know the mother hen's mother (chicks Granny lol)was BB/OB  but I always thought the chicks mum was just BB.

Dont know about the granddad though (lol)

Emmy

your female could be split for ob then because it can carry down in generation and just turn up if its right what you said that the granny was split ob so when the feather out a bit more you will be able to tell and with a bit of luck you will have a obbb chick there.if not sure you no ive got pics of a obbb chick in my gallery both normal and fawn for you to compare with ok

richard

Emmy,

On what you said the pairing is they should be 100% BB split OB

Trevor :)

Ps, just looked at photo's I reckon your male is split for fawn this now alters the young to:-

25% BB split OB Fawn males

25% BB Fawn split OB females

25% BB split OB males

25% BB split OB females

Thanks Trevor

Guess I'll need to get yet another OB pair if I want to breed OB's One thing that has been good about that lot is their size.

Emmy

hi emmy

sorry to say this but trevor got it wrong they might not all be bb because your male is a split so you cannot produce 100% bbs all of the time but don't forget its only a matter of rules it dosnt always work out that way all of the time from your pairing on saying ob/bb/fawn male to a bb female you will get

12.5%bb split ob fawn males

12.5%bb split ob female

12.5 normal split ob bb fawn males 

12.5%fawn split ob bb females

12.5% bb split ob males

12.5% bb split ob females

12.5 % normal split  ob bb males

12.5% normal split ob bb females

but don't forget not everything can go to rule and in one nest you could get all bbs and then in another you could get more normal nothing ever goes to rule all of the time but don't forget if your hen is split for ob then it all changes yet again and it can go on on on lol

sorry if im treading on anyones toes and hope this helps

richard