vix71

Newbie From Essex :-)

Hi there! I am new to the forum. Owner of one last zebra finch, Pigeon. A real gentleman of a bird. He's 8 years old and fairly recently lost a friend of 12 years old, one of our originals. We are scaling down bird wise as we also have pet rats- all rescue,  and recently acquired 3 cages of rescue mice. Have been trying to find Pigeon an older friend (he's housed in a cage) but this is proving tricky. Any suggestions please? We don't want to go down the young bird route.I really don't want him to be alone. :D

Welcome to the forum

I know first hand the situation you find yourself in. I had two peach faced love birds and one died when it was 11 years old but I found it impossible to find another 'older' one to keep it company. I had a zebra finch who lived until it was just over 12 yrs old too. Dont want to put a damper on your search but if you  found  a zebra finch older than 8 yrs old it would most likely be a treasured pet bird. But perhaps some elderly person may have older birds and be giving them up not being able to look after them any more  I think that's most likely to be your only chance to find an older bird.

Emmy

Vix71,

I also live in Essex and have some 4 & 5 year old birds that you are welcome too.

If you are interested in seeing if one of them is suitable then give me a ring on 01708 558610 or 07759 279620.

Ray 

Hi Vix and welcome to the forum.

I am in Basildon and would gladly give you a partner for Pigeon but my oldest is only 2-3 years old. I used to breed mice but gave them up 2 years ago. I am going to get a couple again soon but don't want to go into breeding again as it was had to find them homes where they didn't end up as snake food!

Kerry