Sign in to follow this  
mark1e

Young Cream Hen 2011

Hi Markie,Appears to have an even depth of colour but in the outside light it is hard to tell.I am sure you will receive more constructive comments if you can put birds in a show cage in pairs (cock & hen), this way they will display to each other and a better assessment can be made. Regards,Nick.

Thats a valuble comment Mark about placing them in the a show cage and the reson why is,if you want to show birds you find they change so much when you put them into a show cage,some change for the better leaving you thinking "it didn't look that good in the stock cage" and others go to pieces leaving you thinking it looked better in the flight.So if you want to full assess your birds pop them into a show cage as a pair and see how they look.Paul.

Hi Nick & Paulsee what you mean about when there in show cage,The mentioned hen in picture changed colour in cage and under artificial light and the cock bird i thought was not suitable match in colour well its pretty good match shape and size, only thing is they don't like show cage at moment nor me trying to take pictures but i know this will take time as the birds have had there couple months in flights exercising flying around here there and every where,Looks like i might have two pair for show hopefully see when day comes,mark

Hi Mark If i have a bird which is to flighty i place it into a smaller breeder in the shed this seems to calm most of them after a while,i also place them into a show cage with seed and water and take them into the house for a few hours so they get use to people walking past them,most times this helps to settle them also.Paul.

Hi paulit may sound strange but i am always right next to the birds in there outside flight looking at them 2 or 3 hours a day just sitting or standing there about 6 inches from netting they don't even bother,but them in show cage flighty core blimey i think i will have to but them in small breeder first then show cage as you say they been let loose to long singing and dancing,mark

Hi MarkWhen the birds are in the flight they have the option to move away from you if even a little,they have more freedom something which is taken away from them when placed into a smaller cage,this is something we have to work on by getting the more flighty birds use to our closer proximity over time,Most will settle when they get use to your close presence and dissociate you with danger to a certain level.Paul.