finchdude

Bfbbbc

Lovely looking bird!

I want one of those photo cages, it would be much easier to get a nice picture as you don't have cage bars getting in the way.

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

The cage is great but very frustrating you know what photographing your birds is like!! but if you have a good camera and a tri pod you could be a brave distance away and still get the image you want,!!! ...............Still a work in progress as far as im concerned!! Will let you know if I master it! lol!

Yeah I know what it's like! I can take about 30 pictures of each bird and most still end up blurry as they never stop moving long enough lol

Kerry

Hi

Try hiding the camera and yourself behind a dark cloth and placing the birds into the photo cage in pairs hen first, it may take a few times in the cage for them to settle but if they don't usually have a partner in the cage with them and then they get one each time they are placed into the photo cage they will sometime learn going into the photo cage means a mate, I would put the hen onto the cage and the cock into a show cage facing the wall to calm down after being caught before placing into the photo cage directly from the show cage with out handling him.

Paul.

Just as an idea which I use as you're ready to compose pic, just make a faint squeaking noise through your mouth,

this will give you a few seconds to take pic as zeb will freeze because of the different sound.

Trevor :)

Very true Kerry!!!

Hi Paul,

Yeah i had the cock in the cage a few days in a row before pics, he actually stood quite well it was just at the vital 2 seconds it was a horror show!! lol,

Hi Trevor

Ill try that, Willing to try anything love the photographs with these cages hope I can make it work!!

Just as an idea which I use as you're ready to compose pic, just make a faint squeaking noise through your mouth,

this will give you a few seconds to take pic as zeb will freeze because of the different sound.

Trevor :)

That I actually a brilliant idea Trevor! And it really works lol

Kerry