Sign in to follow this  
s25ale

Hello everyone :) I'm Hayley from Nottinghamshire, I currently keep a variety of birds including pet type Zebra Finch which i have sucessfully bred over the last 3 years. I went to my first show today and was amazed by all the different mutations and the size of the birds. I'm hoping to get a couple of pairs of exhibion birds and join the Zebra Finch Society - can anyone tell me when subscriptions start? I dont want to join and pay now if subcriptions are due again in the next couple of months. Look forward to talking to you all and hopefully pick up lots of hints and tips :D

Hi Hayle Firstly welcome to the forum and the subscriptions run by the calendar year so the new subscriptions start in the new year.Paul.

Thanks Paul, I think I will wait until Janauary - I need to get the birdroom sorted and aquire some stock. Great photos of the Gainsborough show, thats the one I went to today. I had a look at the silient auction birds but thought i would be better visiting a breeder.

I would if i were you,your doing the right thing by checking out the shows and seeing who has birds you like,then collar the breeder and order your birds.Paul.

I would if i were you,your doing the right thing by checking out the shows and seeing who has birds you like,then collar the breeder and order your birds.Paul.
And then take out a second mortgage :rolleyes:

Hi HayleyThere are a few members on here that live in the Nottingham area your quite lucky you may be able to pick up some good birds from this site local to you,mark

I looked at the members list but couldnt see where there from.
Hi HayleyI cant give names out for security reasons but i know they will contact you very soon in replying to this thread :rolleyes: mark

Hayley, Welcome to the zff hope you enjoy your stay on here, really helpfull bunch on here, all the best for your new breeding season.Trevor :rolleyes: Ps, I shall have a table with zeb's only on it at newark sale if you are interested even if you don't want to buy come over and have a chat, i will post my table number nearer the time.

Hayley, Welcome to the zff hope you enjoy your stay on here, really helpfull bunch on here, all the best for your new breeding season.Trevor :) Ps, I shall have a table with zeb's only on it at newark sale if you are interested even if you don't want to buy come over and have a chat, i will post my table number nearer the time.
Thanks Trevor I've been considering going to Newark but was a little worried about the cowboys. Will you be taking exhibition stock suitable for a beginner?