Sign in to follow this  
Basit Raza

Any Idea Of What These Could Be?

Hi, got these two unique chikcs from bfbc cr cock and bccr hen. Never seen such before. Any ideas on what these could be?

I doubt that cock is split for cfw. Thanks.
Basit

post-3127-0-03010300-1392895346_thumb.jp

post-0-0-70074300-1392895351_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-07118200-1392895358_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-47611500-1392895363_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-26589000-1392895369_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-88697100-1392895375_thumb.jpg

I'm only sure of two- A white, A Black Cheek Crested Normal, and the other could be Crested Pied (badly marked) if the white came from same parents there is Pied in them.

I'll be interested to see what others think.

Andy

Sorry!! just looked again and realised I have id'd one of the parents. (Call it a senior moment) The chick could be a grizzled Crested White because looking at the back of the White it has some markings on it too.

Andy

Hi,

I would say that both the parents are split for white/pied,

The young are BC Whites although you cannot and will not see the BC on pure whites, also they could have BF in them which once again doesn't show,

If you paired one of these young to a normal BC you should get all the nest being BC which half would be Cr BC and the rest BC.

The markings could be pied marks but a very small % these will probably grow out on the moult,

There's a lot going on with these young, 3 lots of dominant for a start S/F Cr, D/F Cr and BF, Then you have BC, White/Pied,

So it can be as you can see a number of things but I hope you understand what I'm trying to put across to you,

After all that I do like the flecking affect on the crested one,

All the best,

Trevor :)

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

I was wondering if the white one was carrying BF and BC too, is there a way to tell surely? Not sure if the other one is grizzled white crest as I haven't saw a white grizzle yet. Can you share any pictures? Thanks btw

Basit