Sign in to follow this  
joohn

Back After 21 Yr Break

Hi as the title says I'm back in the hobby of bird keeping after a 21 yr break from it due to kids and work , I used to breed finches and canaries for a well known pet store I'm just setting up a small aviary nothing big like my old setup just a little one just to keep about 10 pairs of finches so if there's anyone in the northeast selling any zebras in the next week or so do please send me a message I don't need show birds just wanting anything to get me up and running

Welcome back to a fantastic hobby, i'm sure there are plenty of birdkeepers up there in the northwest who will be able to help you out, unfortunately i'm the other end of the country on the Isle of Wight otherwise i could put some your way.

Wayne

dont know yet emmy what ever the lady has like i said im not bothered this time around this is purely for my enjoyment of just listening and watching them while im sat in the garden,i wont be selective breeding them this time around ill just let nature take its course.

Just keep your fingers crossed for good weather to let you sit out in the garden-when I get mine into the outside aviary I should be able to sit inside my conservatory and watch them - at least that's my family's idea  But I doubt if that will be close enough to the birds for me :lol:  Maybe I should get a seat put inside  the outside flight for me!

Emmy

Well Emmy nice warm day today and collected the birds early this afternoon to give them a good 4 hours to get used to my aviary and yes I got to sit in the garden, I collected 7 zebras,2 bengalese ,and 2 canaries , getting a few more zebras when her young are old enough,and a few quail and that will be me sorted.gonna stick with about 20 birds and like I said let nature take over .

Glad it all worked out Joohn-  That was good you got good weather and was able to sit and watch them

I've got one pair of Bengalese that have two young - this is the first time I've had Bengalese and I was surprised that the young didn't have any 'down' on them when they hatched out they have just started to get their feathers now.

I'm going to keep back a few  of the finches that I want to pair up to see if I can get some more black cheeked chicks. but the others will just go in with the canaries into the indoor flight meantime until I get the roof fixed on the outside flight.

Emmy