Gu53bee

Bee From Cheshire

Bee,
I honestly have no idea if that could happen but what would maybe excite them is how quickly the cpq's move.
Have a look at this short video clip I took tonight of the cpq chicks just before I removed them from the brooder.  I have to transfer them into another box to let me get the brooder cleaned. They're back in again and settled down fort he night. :D 

th_May6th2014CPQchicksMAH00527_zps4d83ba

The 2 adult cpq that I have in the outside flight just do their own thing and the canaries and the finches don't bother them at all.  But there's both sexes of finches flying about.

Emmy

How lovely!

My zebs are getting used to dogs running past, the parrot shouting, barking and singing 'always look on the bright side of life', so I think they'll get used to the quail.

I'm supposed to be waiting until my birthday next month....we'll see :)

Off topic, but just had to share.....

My family are just getting used to my zebs , peeping away in the living room.

We're off to look at Chinese painted quails tomorrow.

The police have just knocked us awake at 4am, to say....there are 13 cows in your front garden!!!

I woke my family and told them that since we might be getting our own quail eggs soon....I thought it might be nice to have fresh milk too.

Lol lol lol...3 teens stunned into silence at 4 in the morning!

post-3287-0-15878600-1399731093_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Bee

That's really funny :rofl:  :rofl: but guess it wasn't at 4am though.  That's one photograph worth keeping :good:

One thing for certain if you gave the police a coffee you definitely wouldn't have run short of milk :lol:

I can just imagine the look that would be on your children's faces.

Did it take long to get the cows back into their own quarters?

Emmy

Oh no, it was hilarious even at 4 in the morning.

My boys and hubby went back to bed, but I made a pot of tea and my daughter and I sat and watched.

It took 2 hours for the farmer, 4 farm hands and 2 policemen to round them up and load half of them into a truck, then come back for the other half.

post-3287-0-85461500-1399749079_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I think I would have been like you and your daughter Bee and sat up and watched the action :lol:

Nice photo of your daughter.

Emmy

I Would have been out there with a bucket, can't beat fresh milk :)  :laugh:

It took them how long?  2 hours to round up 13 cows brilliant, wish I could have seen that :laugh:  :laugh:

Clare

Oooo clare....look closer!

And as for 2 hours, most of that was either a policeman, or a farm hand, wandering around the corner, counting them and then going again!