Sign in to follow this  
Emmy

Please Have A Look

Blackcheekchicknotsure_2491-_zps3600d09b

I put my black cheek youngster into the inside  flight with access to the outside flight.

Could  this be the black cheek youngster? If it is -  it has changed a lot in appearance or could it be another mutation that I have missed?

Grateful for any comments

Emmy

• Like 1

Bearing in mind that I have been a zebra finch keeper for a whole 2 weeks....and I'm still on chapter 1 of the chris Blackwell book....

Is it by any chance a cross with a Bengalese? Our garden centre has one. Similar throat.

Please laugh derisively if utter and obvious rot.

Emmy,

Sorry to be a barer of disappointment but that is a Bengalese Finch.. Just looking at the beak with it's two colours. OR you posted the wrong photo.

Andy 

You've hit the nail on the head Bee I had forgotten I had put the Bengalese out into the aviary :fool:  :fool: :fool:  now I'm off outside to see if I can spot t he little black cheek :blush:

Thanks Andy Yes it is my Bengalese-- put it down to 'old age' don't have the excuse to  say I need to go to specsavers just got my new specs not long ago :lol:  :lol:  (got my owl finches and another pair of gouldians yesterday :yahoo: )

Emmy

That's the first time he has gone out into the outside flight on his own. Their two youngsters (both well developed and could be on their own)were in the outside flight  one night and were making no attempt to go back inside and the 'mum' came out and found a little sheltered area and the two youngsters went immediately to her and they snuggled in together but 'dad' stayed inside the shed (lol) I just couldn't leave them there so I took them inside. I'll say one thing for them though they make first class 'parents'

Until I took that photo I didn't realise just what a lovely little bird he is. 

:D Many thanks everyone for keeping me right!

Emmy

Remember I tried to breed to hens ?

That was a 'hoot' Trevor you definitely would have got into the Guiness book of records if it had worked :crazy:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  

OK I submit and agree - we're even now :p  :lol:

Emmy