Sign in to follow this  
carole

Carole From Coventry

Hello all,

I love Zebra Finches. I kept a few years ago and then wanted to go into showing the birds, but what with no one wanting to give up good birds for me to improve my Zebras and a lot of negative old men calling zebras flying mice, I stopped showing locally. and with having a heavy work load the birds slowly grow less and less.

i now find with the family moved on and having more time on my hands, i am drawn back to Zebras. Hopefully i with everyone's help an being older and wiser too, i can show them old men :)

Carole   

You go for it Girl!!

Welcome to the forum Carole.

If you check the members map on top bar you should find members in your area.

Or shout on here and I'm sure they will reply, and also look in the For sale section.

Anyway.. Enjoy!!

Andy

• Like 1

HI carole iv heard zebbies called that many times and its the people that breed other birds. They seem to think you can just stick two birds together and they will breed like mice . if that was the case how come were not over run with show type birds. if it was that easy it wouldn't be very enjoyable . its nice to have a challenge and when something works out its nice. Hope to see you at a show or to this year. im only in south Birmingham dean.

• Like 1

You go for it Girl!!

If you check the members map on top bar you should find members in your area.

Or shout on here and I'm sure they will reply, and also look in the For sale section.

Anyway.. Enjoy!!

Andy

Andy i have already been and bought 2 pairs of zebras of a member in Nottingham. I am very pleased i found this site, and hope next year to start up my own blood line and breed some crackers. :) one very happy lady at the mo. 

HI carole iv heard zebbies called that many times and its the people that breed other birds. They seem to think you can just stick two birds together and they will breed like mice . if that was the case how come were not over run with show type birds. if it was that easy it wouldn't be very enjoyable . its nice to have a challenge and when something works out its nice. Hope to see you at a show or to this year. im only in south Birmingham 

i will be popping up hear and there im sure Dean :)

You won't hear them called flying mice on here, we have a wide variety of breeders and some of the top show men and women from all over the world.

There's always someone willing to help so please don't hesitate to ask as much as you like.

I'm looking forward the reading your posts and hearing how you progress with the show scene.

Good luck.

Gary.

Welcome to the forum Carole

Great to have yet another female member.

One thing for sure you wont regret joining this forum because everyone is respected and every member is willing to help in any way they can.

Good luck with the breeding and hope you do well at the shows.

What colours are you thinking about breeding?

Emmy

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Carole

Great to have yet another female member.

One thing for sure you wont regret joining this forum because everyone is respected and every member is willing to help in any way they can.

Good luck with the breeding and hope you do well at the shows.

What colours are you thinking about breeding?

Emmy

hi emmy i was going for fawns and normals 

Hi Carole

I have fawns, normal, pied, CFW, BB,OB/BB, and one black cheek that appeared in one of the nests - parents must have been split for BC. Tomorrow I'm getting another BC (think its a fawn BC-- but if its a normal BC it wont matter I'll be  able to pair it up with my BC hen.  

Please don't forget to keep us posted with your progress.

Good luck

Emmy

Hi Carole

I'm a newbie zeb keeper and have already had lots of advice from the members here..

I've also been to a couple of auctions and both those who ran it and some of those attending, have been very generous with advice.

I'm keeping only males as I don't want my numbers to increase. I know this goes against the grain for most, but that hasn't stopped members here being very helpful and supportive.

Enjoy

Bee