Sign in to follow this  
Chill

Hello Everyone

Just a quick hello from sunny northumberland, been lurking on the site for some time and finally got round to registering am interested in zebra, bengalese and silverbills and am currently very busy with the breeding season seems like there's always something to be getting on with in the aviary. Have mostly bf, bcbb ,bb/ob and full bb mutations and loving watching the juveniles colour up ready for next seasons selection triple black is the goal haha trying to breed some size into the better colours this year . The worst part is having to part with some of the birds wish I could keep them all, looking forward to all the good advice regards chill

Attached file( hope it worked) is my latest fledgling come from normal/bb exhibition hen and a nice sized bfbb/ob male a lovely sized fledgling had to ring on day 5 as they had legs like tree trunks ;0)post-3469-0-47012500-1405440777_thumb.jppost-3469-0-47012500-1405440777_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Chill

that's a lovely young bird you have there.

The worst part is having to part with some of the birds wish I could keep them all,

That's my biggest problem too - you can get so attached to them.

how long have you kept finches?

Emmy

Welcome chill,

I don't have any of those types, but good luck with your goal of triple.

If you have any photos you like of your birds, please feel free to enter the photo competition. Send to- andrew.nethercott@mypostoffice.co.uk  (it's just for fun)

Enjoy the forum!!

Andy

Hi Emmy ,Been keeping birds off and on since I was young pigeons,budgies then parrots but I'm relatively new to the finches really this is my first real year when I have actually bothered with mutations and the likes but I'm learning fast and have a few mates that have been keeping finches for 30 plus years who have been happy to help out with breeding stock and swapping bloodlines thinking of adding a phaeo in with the blacks next season just to ruffle things up a bit but this year has been all about blacks paired with fawns nice easy learning curve.

Attachment photo of father and daughter( she's just finishing colouring up )

post-3469-0-65194600-1405467242_thumb.jp

Nice birds Chill, I wouldn't be parting with them if they were mine :D

Hope all goes well with breeding the finches.

Emmy

Hi chill , nice birds you got,

Pls share a photo of 2b or 3b female if u or any one else on forum have . And good luck

Hi chill , nice birds you got,

Pls share a photo of 2b or 3b female if u or any one else on forum have . And good luck

Hi zkf the fawn hen in the pic is a bf,bb hen just finishing fully colouring up now so I'll try and get a few more pics in the next few days of some more