Sign in to follow this  
Chill

A Few Pics Of This Years Young

post-3469-0-16884200-1405469751_thumb.jp BB fawn I think ( fledged 2 days ) any ideas on sex at this stage anyone?

post-3469-0-86365900-1405469868_thumb.jp. BF hen just finishing colouring up

post-3469-0-55157900-1405470018_thumb.jp. BB fawn hen

I think I got the mutations right as tails on fawns are BB like solid colours vertical ect but I'm no expert

Regards Chill

Hi chill

The first one look like a Bf/BB fawn

the second looks like a possible BF Normal

the third looks to be a BFBB Possible OB? fawn look at the tail for orange.

Paul.

Cheers Paul , no orange on the tail of bird 3 what features make it bf is it the slightly darker breast feathers ?

Hi 

Sorry for the late reply i'm working far to much these days.

In a Blackface hen the white in between the beak and tear mark is not white but the same colour as the body colour, and the under side of the body is less white than a none BF bird, in a cock the bird will be a lot blacker than a normal birds.

Below you can see a couple of young Bf's i bred a few year back now you can see what i mean about the colour hope you dont mind me posting it on your thread.

110301_165903-1.jpg

Paul.

Cheers Paul ,love the picture of the young ones,got a fair few black faced birds coming through this year I'm gonna pair them up with some black cheek black breasted males I've got colouring up next season and keep my fingers crossed for some nice dark black cheers for the help mate.