Sign in to follow this  
Paul49

Hello From Nottingham

Hi Everyone

I have joined this forum to find out more about keeping Zebra Finches before I take the plunge and get some.

Hopefully seeing your set ups will help me decide on suitable housing for my finches.

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul.

I'm sure you will find everything you need to know on the forum, the members are a great bunch and you'll get loads of help.

Please ask as many questions as you like.

Gary.

Welcome to the forum Paul as Gary has just said the members are a great lot on here and always willing to help and no matter what you ask you'll get all your questions answered.

Hope you get some birds soon.

Emy

Thank you for the welcome Gary & Emmy.

Biggest challenge so far is deciding on the cage to get.

Torn between the standard breeding cages, or getting a larger cage and keeping as a small colony.

Torn between the standard breeding cages, or getting a larger cage and keeping as a small colony

.Let you into a wee secret - zebra finches are addictive. I started off with a couple of cages.  Then when the chicks came along I couldn't part with them-result more cages. 

Then decided to get some different colours - so history repeated itself :o

Next was an inside aviary.  My house was beginning to look like a scene from A.H.s film "The Birds"

Now  I've got a shed that has the inside flight and attached to that is an outside flight and already I'm saying " I should have bought a larger shed" :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:

Saying all that you wont regret getting them ;)

Emy

Thanks for the warning Emy. I have an addictive nature so need to be careful!

There were some lovely white zebs in my local petstore some months back, and I almost bought some, but resisted the urge.

Been kicking myself ever since as loved the look of them, and really like the noise Zebs make

Hi paul, Welcome to the forum!

i used to keep zebbies a good few years ago and re-started again may this year, we have an outdoor aviary and also breeding cages (only just started with the cages) and currently in the outside aviary we have 3 chicks and 5 eggs.

if i was to cage breed(not breeding cages), i would get a big liberta rainforest, that one is big enough for a few finches, i would recommend 2 pairs in one, here is a link to one: http://www.cagesworld.co.uk/p/Rainforest_Cages_RC_Caracas_Bird_Cage.htm

keeping zebbies is fun, enjoyable, has it's up's and down's BUT is educational! you learn all sorts of things from them, if you ever get stuck in a rain-forest, you will know how to build a nest! :)

keeping them you get to know your birds, their likes and dislikes, also their best friends and enemy's

everyone on the forum is always happy to help in the best way we can :) sometimes we do go off topic, but that's just part of the fun! :)

you will never regret getting zebbies :)

• Like 1

Welcome to this fantastic Forum Paul.

Perhaps when you have some birds and your settled we'd love to see some photos from you for the Monthly Photo Competition.

Anyway... Enjoy!!

Andyn

Hi Jon

I am between Nottingham and Derby.

Yes I have spotted the auction birds. I`d be tempted by the pair, but as I usually use public transport I am limited as to where I can collect birds from.