Sign in to follow this  
chris123

Looking For A Good Home For A Zebra Finch

here are some pictures now she is out in the aviary, she is settling in VERY well, tells the males off apart from one BC (one she was in cage with) and she looks happy to be in there :)

Her and the male BC

21928e8.jpg

Here are a few pictures of her outside:

2ytqxl5.jpg

2vtacf4.jpg

2mq3g61.jpg

bf01tx.jpg 

The male bc she was with looks to have an overgrown beak. Might wanna trim it and check the others too if you havnt already.

I agree with the above , I've just been trimming some of my Texan White Quail's beaks today. Was terrified the first time I did it but I guess its just like cutting finger nails. I do have the proper cutters for doing this but I prefer using a pair of sharp nail scissors and a fine nail file.

Emmy

•  

we only noticed after getting the bird home, and as me and my dad are too scared to touch the beak (scared of hurting the bird) we kept an eye on him and he is eating and drinking fine, he does how cuttle fish and other things he can file his beak down on, we are keeping a close eye on him too :)

I know how  you feel about trimming their beak I was terrified the first time I did it -so long as you take care and don't take too much off its just like cutting your nails (lol)

Emmy

i refuse to cut my dogs nails, i have to send him to the groomers to have them done haha.

he seems fine this morning and was eating fine.

as he is out in the aviary it would be difficult to catch him up again so for now, he can stay there :p if it does start to affect him then i will catch him up and try and sort to the matter, however i am not particularly steady handed when it comes to cutting things.

thank you for the advice, i shall keep it in mind, but for now he shall stay in the aviary as him and the fawn BC have paired up and looks like they want to start nesting :)

i refuse to cut my dogs nails, i have to send him to the groomers to have them done

Had to laugh when I read the above---  That's ME too.  I can do  the birds and the rabbits but when it comes to my dog! out comes the money and I go to the vet!!  Silly really because he sits and lets the vet do the job without blinking an eyelid.

Emmy :lol:

my dog goes mental, i have a scar on my arm from where he scratched me when i was trying to put eye drops in, he was also muzzled! (to calm him down and not bite)

it was my own fault for putting eye drops in, even though he needed them :p

Time to put the quail to bed :)

some....interesting developments with the finch, now called "chris" 

she didn't look to be doing too well outside so we caught her and brought her back in and put her with the 2 teen finches my dad has in his room, turns out "chris" prefers to be indoors and with youngsters than outside.

other than that she is doing very well :)