mark1e

Creams Done It For Me This Season

Well how pleased i am this year with the Creams i have produced, if you look in my Gallery you can see some birds that i have bred this year that's not all of them neither there are quite few others as well which i will in the end maybe show you, Lets see what next years birds do first :mellow: mark

hi mark, i hear your the man for creams, :lol: i have just got myself a cracking silver light back male. I have been told to keep it to the same breed or go for a fawn female, to try and produce a cream. Is this luck of the draw mate or is this how you have produce you stud.Chris

Chris i was lucky enough to find some pairs and the odd couple but these birds to start with cost me dearly in the end,Plus i was also lucky at end of season i got some one's last off his stock as he was cutting down on his birds got them cheap cheers Scott my mate :D long way to travel for them though,Chris good luck with your silver lightback with fawn hen don't be disappointed if you don't get cream to start in first round or you might be lucky you could get 2 or 3 in first round luck of the draw mate,I had cream with fawn and all season they didn't produce none :lol: mark

hi mark,Cheers for that mate, i have only just had the male lovely bird will try and get pics on soon. I have been in touch with a champ breeder who may have a few fawn females for me. Fingers crossed.Once you have a pair of creams together mate, will they have cream off spring or will the have a dif variety of young. Is this a rare type colour at the moment. I havent seen any in flesh just picture some of them been your :lol:.Chris

Chris you don't put Dilute Creams together to breed always best to put Fawn with Cream or vice verse,Cream with Cream can produce allsorts of problems with the off spring blindness allsortsYou can put Normal Grey with Cream and get some nice Silvers,Creams,Normals, all in one nest luck off the draw,Creams they are coming back now bit more wouldn't say there rare at all just don't see as many on show bench as they are pain in neck to match pair up all different shades of colour pigment,mark

mark,Interesting mate, more to it than i thought then. What colour are least seen on the bench at the moment. I have a good mix of colour birds will breed next season then will more than likely pic what ones i am going to still with. Its my first year with exhibition zebras so its a learning curve. Chris

What colour are least seen on the bench at the moment.well looking at show results i would say the following one's,Penguins,BlackCheeked & BlackFaced,Black & OrangeBreasted,Timor,This is my opinion others may say different all depends what part of the UK Shows are in also,mark

mark, i see mate so alot of the darker colours have you ever seen a black face cfw on the bench :lol:. Was you still looking for black breast at all mate.Chris

You should try it too a lightback hen and breed a few more silver lightbacks there lovely birds.Paul.

hi paul,do you no any one with any for sale at all. Not settled on what types i am going into yet. How long did it take you to settle on a colour or colours.Chris

Hi Chris I'm sorry mate i dont know of anyone selling any at the moment but there are some good breeders on here,you could place a wanted add on here and the ZFS site or order some for next year off a breeder.Most of us find we will purchase birds usually of different colours when we start out,we will either purchase a colour which is better than the rest for type,or breed birds of one colour who are better than the rest of our birds,or just breed greater numbers of one colour and that kind of leads us off in a direction as to what birds we end up keeping colour wise,this can change many times over our years of keeping birds as you may get offered a pair of quality birds of a colour you never intented to keep but is to good to pass up,or you may order some birds from a breeder and find when you get to the breeders house to view his birds he has one colour which is far better than the rest and really take you but you never setout to keep this colour.Paul.

Yes pauls right, when I started out I had no clue as to what colours I was interested in. I went to gary's bird room and the moment I walked in the door I knew my main colour was going to be cfw's, I had never seen cfw's befor never mind exibition size zebs I was so taken by there beauty. went to another bird room and it had to be fawn and normals. there was other colours great looking birds but in the end I desided this was my 3 colours. the point to this is (in my opinion) if you keep it simple then hopfully you cant make to many mistakes.cheerstam..

First Zebra i got was a black cheek and i will always have them now but i have got various ones now aswell, i like them all to be honest and find it hard to choose.