Sign in to follow this  
Dave.H

Help Me Identify Colours

Hi all, Finally got round to photographing white based zebs Want peoples opinions on what colours/combos they are? 2 cocks 8 hens Will add pics soon Dave

Hi Dave Are these bird you have bred or bought and do you have any idea of what is related to what?.Its tough to tell from photos Huub has a good eye,but to me some of them seem to be CFW fawns,the one with no tear mark looks to be a cfwBB hen im not sure but some could be fawn cheeked hens also.Paul.

Hi Paul, Bought in Yeah the 4th defo is a blackbreastI seen fawn cheeks x2 bt they have a lot of body colour? Wondered if there is ought else going on there though CheersDave

Theres one that reminds me of a CFWcheek in the first photo Dave you do get a dirty backs to different levels in fawn cheeks but they seem to clean underneath as well wonder if some of them have cream in there.

One in the first photo on the left and one in the 13th photo but i wouldn't like to put money on it they just had that look in their body feather you see in CFW cheeks could just be the light, i would say the first 5 photos are cocks but im not sure of the bird in the first photo on the left it could be a hen.Paul.

Cheers Paul, first 5 pictures are of the 2 defo cocks. Any ideas what the others could be?I've noted them down as Bb-cfw Cfw split bb due to tails, which I tried to show in pics. Cfw? As think there's more going on Fawncheeks

There hard when Cfw is involved but if you look at the tears and markings on some of the CFW hens you can see either Fawn or cream marking not black like usual,so this would suggest either Fawn CFw Or Cream CFw but like i said hrd to tell from photos Huub might tell you more.Paul.

Thanks Paul I'm guessing no way of telling, fawn cfw and cream cfw from one another? If paired to normals I'd get splits from fawn cfw and silver and normals from cream cfw?

Ye she posted a couple pics I know a right mix, I liked a couple of em so got them in a deal for the 10. But loads of hens to cocks.

That about the size of it dave the best bet is pairing to normals or fawns i guess then you can see what hens are thrown out.Paul.