Sign in to follow this  
SteveM

Steve From Stockport

Hi

I've just started re-kindling my interest in Zebra finches after a 12 year break due to work, I'm currently finishing off building my cages with a view to acquiring some stock in the spring and look forward to the many shows later in the year where. hopefully I will meet up with others interested in this little bird.

Hope to catch up with some of you soon

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum.  I think once  you have kept birds  and if for some reason you have to give them up more often than not you cant help yourself getting the 'bug' again. 

I started with one large cage and a few zebbies , now I have an  aviary with an inside flight  and now I have a variety of birds and I'm thinking I'll need a bigger shed soon --( I can blame no one but myself ) that's because I find it very difficult to part with any of them :lol:

What colours are you thinking of starting with?

Many of the members on here have met up at shows etc and become friends. 

Emmy

Hi Steve and welcome to this forum too.

(I said hello on ZFS)

Like you I was into birds before. Back in the late 70s early 80s and gave up due to work/college. Came back in to it with Budgies in 95 and changed to Zebra Finches a little over two years ago.

Anyway....  Enjoy!!

Andyn

Thanks everyone for your replies I must say I'm getting excited at the thought of acquiring my first birds, I'm considering staring with the standard varieties, normal, fawns & CFW although having seen what other varieties are now available I'm not sure I really like the black cheeks, fawn cheeks &  penguins these were not available when I kept them last time so time will tell........

Regards

Steve

Welcome to the forum Steve.

Nice to see you back after a 12 year break, it's strange how you never lose the attraction of keeping birds, even after many years away.

I hope you enjoy the community that we've put together.

Gary.