Emmy

Texan White Quail Chick

Probably  your first thoughts will be when you look at the photo will be-- 'poor chick it didn't make it'

BUT its alive and kicking -- its just enjoying the warmth in the brooder.

First time I saw this,  3 chicks were lying like this with their legs stretched out and I thought they had died.:o:D

(1st photo from 'choose files' 2nd photo used drag)

Texan White Chick Oct 2015.JPG

Texan White Quail chick Oct 2015.JPG

hello emmy :D

i had that scare too, all of them sprawled out in their brooder :o 

sadly i have had to give up my japanese quail due to them killing the baby finches D: 

yours are looking well and cute :D

Glad to see you back Sarah. The quails do look odd lying like that. (lol)

I didn't realise that the Japanese quail would kill zebra finches:o

I have only ever had Chinese Painted quail in the aviary but the 9 of them are in a hutch just now - once I get organised I will be putting them into the inside flight for the winter. I have never tried putting the Texan Whites into the outside flight.

I shouldn't really have put those 4 Texan white eggs into the incubator but I was curious to find out if their eggs were fertile. So I will be selling them. At the moment I have 4 separate lots of Texan white quails (that's not counting the young ones.) I just cant put them all together - the cock birds were fighting with each other. One of the 4 groups are my O.A.P's there's 3 of them so they get a hutch to themselves  in their old age (lol) 

Nice to chat to you again.

Emmy

i never thought they would either but we caught them in the act one day :( 

tried them in my budgie aviary and because it's full concrete slabs....they made a terrible mess and absolutely stank, so off to auction they went ( i miss them and feel mean for doing it, but no one wanted them) 

going to focus on CPQ after new year :) 

we lost all out CPQ but 2 not long ago, so we took some in with the rescue i am part of, they all live happily in my dads finch aviary, problem is that some baby finches think they are quail.....ah well :) my house is a bird sanctuary at the moment, we have 8 different species.....or 9 :D 

Kinda like my home Sarah I've got more than nine different species (lol) I rescue bird too - I was selling some of my finches to a pet section in a shop and noticed they had a zebra finch with a damaged foot they told me it had been to a vet and was ok now  but I felt sorry for it so next day I went back with one of my healthy finches and swapped it for the one with the damaged foot. It's now in beside my other two 'disabled' finches (lol) and the three of them get on great.

Emmy

awww :) 

i am part of a rescue which rescues and rehomes parrots and other birds. 

i am currently looking after a black headed caique, a ringneck, 2 love birds and a senagal (which is now my dads) 

i will possibly be getting an ecaluctus  parrot on tuesday but saying goodbye to the caique and ringneck, the caique needs to be an only-bird and the ringneck is an aviary bird :( 

That's a great thing you are doing Sarah, what would get me is the parting with them when a new permanent home was found.

When I 'rescue' anything guess it would be here to stay forever (lol)

haha, if i get attached to the bird then i do, but with the ringneck being an aviary bird, he needs the space to fly and not worry about needing to go back into a cage at the end of the day and the caique is getting stressed by the lovebirds and other birds and i have accepted that it's not fair on him to live here any-more as he is terrified but still a loving bird :) i have attached a picture of him :) ...or of his head haha

12177823_10153199989392654_33401965_n.jpg

That's some size of  beak!!

Sarah how did you manage to get that picture downloaded on to a reply post?

emmy

right....here haha (2nd picture) 

yeah..he's a poser but never bites too hard....i have attached a picture of me and him :) when i was at a dog show with the rescue raising money to rescue more birds :) 

11986995_10153123457487654_3238055939134857175_n.jpg

Screenshot_24.png

Really nice photo Sarah

Thanks for the diagram I thought that's where the  choice would be for adding photos but for some reason its not showing up on my post. Need to have a word with Gary to find out what I've done wrong--again!! (lol)