Sign in to follow this  
Clare L

New Additions

So been very naughty this weekend.

Been toying with the idea of getting some diamond doves for a while, so finally got a pair, with another pair to follow this weekend.

And also another Red Factor Canary, as I have found out both mine are boys, only took me 9 months to work that out, if this one is a boy I can take it back, luckily:lol:

More pics to follow, soon.

Diamond Doves 210316 021.jpg

They are lovely birds Clare I have a pair of D doves sitting in a seed bowl incubating one egg. (lol)

Where birds are concerned I think we are all guilty of being able to get an excuse for getting more (lol)

Emmy

They do seem very sweet, like the canary's not so flighty:lol:

I saw them the week before but they were sold, but went back at the weekend and were for sale again, so just had to bring them home.

The other pair they had there I will be collecting this weekend, so Hotel Clare is now full:lol:

can't wait for the weather to get a bit better so I can let them loose in the main aviary, hopefully they will breed eventually once they have settled in properly.

The zebs don't quite know what to make of all the new additions, as the canary's are now loose in the inside aviary as well, they seem very interested so will be keeping a close eye on them, but for now they are all getting on well:D

Absolutely no more for the time being:lol:

1 minute ago, Clare L said:

Absolutely no more for the time being:lol:

I've said that time and time again but it never works - my 'hotel' is full too but I always seem to find a spare room (lol)

I've got mine in beside the canaries and zebra finches and 4 cockatiels in the aviary but last year the D Doves eggs kept going missing even one of the chicks they hatched disappeared and it seems it could have been the cockatiels that were doing the damage.

Sounds familiar, some of my zebs are egg thief's, I have caught them red handed.

Despite having egg food ect. I do have a plan in place to try and give the doves a bit of privacy, when they are ready, but knowing my luck they won't nest there:D

As for the hotel being full, well thats another story, I still need a male yellow canary and possibly two red canaries,depending on the one I have just bought, but the initial signs are good.

Poor Canary ( yes thats her name she answers to it as well) is still rather lonely the yellow male I got likes the other female seen them feeding each other, so on the hunt for another male for her. I will get it right one day;)