Philippe BRUNET

Lightback Grey Blackface Pastel.

Hi PhilippeWhat a nice colour off bird that is i am not shore what colour pastel is here in UK is it cream lightback blackface or am i showing my ignorance i don't NO this is first one i have seen on this site,But the colour is what i would like to breed cream blackface or cream blackcheek anyway very nice looking mutation,sorry if i have got colour wrong,mark

Philippe, Good pic's, i like your male lovely coloured bird different tail markings as well.Mark, I think pastel is the type, i don't think it's another name for one of our types not 100% though.Trevor :unsure:

Even thou i might be wrong in colour with the cock bird that grey lightback hen she has lovely tear markings wish i can produce some markings like that well done philippe,mark

Sorry but i dont know the genetics or colours but he is a nice looking bird, not seen one those colours before.

Really like this mutation ,may i ask the best way to achieve from scratch -eg-silver cock x lightback hen?how to get blackface part,i would like to give a try at this mut if poss.Would appreciate any tips at all. Ty

Ty, How are you keeping hope you've got things sorted and up and running, that hen i got off you is paired up only been a few days gone.To answer your question:-BF(male) x Silver (hen)25% Silver (SF) Black face (SF) 25% Black face (SF) 25% Silver (SF) 25% Normal Silver (male) x BF (hen)25% Normal 25% Black face (SF) 25% Silver (SF) 25% Silver (SF) Black face (SF) Hope this helps, i've put pairing reversed as well no difference but thought i'd still show you as an example.Trevor :)ps, Will you be at Newark? i'll be at same place.

Then following on from trev Pair a lightback cock to a Bf silver hen Will produce lightback Bf silver hens And split lightback Bf silver cocks If you had 2 unrelated pairs then cross over split cock x full hen Or cross split cock x lightback hen And you'll get full in both sexes Dave

Thats brilliant guys,thank you very much,looks like im gonna have to get a blackface cock now. Trevor probably will be going to newark so see you there mate,ive got several birds paired up now some with eggs so see how we go ,good luck with the hen hope she does good, Ty.

The most important thing is to find good quality birds.This bird is a mutation combinations (4)The mutation wild greyThe sex-linked mutation lightback grey.Until here all is well but then come the dominant mutations.The pastel and blackface a two percent chance of escape.And that's where the difficulty is.It's not as simple as having to write it on paper.19734410.jpg

Philippe, Have you a photo of a hen Lightback Grey Blackface Pastel, you often see what males look like but i would like to see a hen of this type please.Thank you!Trevor :(

Good photo you can see the body colouring filling in the white between the tear and the beak and the colour extended down further towards the vent.Paul.