lee

Zebras

how many pairs do you think i can keep in a flight thats 16ft long, 7ft wide and 8ft high?

Hi leeSo from what i have just read in your post is it right you are going to breed on a colony system! If so you could start with 6 pairs + but after 6 weeks you could end up with 24 plus young, mark

Hi leeSo from what i have just read in your post is it right you are going to breed on a colony system! If so you could start with 6 pairs + but after 6 weeks you could end up with 24 plus young, mark
ok thanks that sounds great, thanks for your comment mark,

Hi leeWhat i would say is if you are going to do it on colony system try are plant out the flight so the birds can hide from one another as there can be a lot of fighting going on when they are in breeding mode and put up twice as many nest boxes as pairs you have, One more thing but the boxes where you can get them easily for inspection of eggs and chicks for putting on rings etc,mark

thanks mark, i not kept them since i was a kid, im looking forward to starting up propper this time, 30 years since i had them, im 42 years young mate so here i go again, only thing is this time ive got a few quid to spend on them, always loved zebras, i like all finch but mostly them, but to start off again and some good and sound advice is good, so many thanks lee..

Hi there lee,Last year was my 1st year with my aviary again since I was 15, over 17 years ago, so happy I started again, so good luck mate, Were abouts you from mate.Dean

hi,This is my first year of keeping zebra's in my own home. My dad has kept birds as long as i can think back to the days of helping him out and cleaning the flight out :). I now have my own place and have turned the garage into my bird room. I have bred 36 chicks so far i put my birds down for bonding in the last week of december and doing great. Chris

hi,This is my first year of keeping zebra's in my own home. My dad has kept birds as long as i can think back to the days of helping him out and cleaning the flight out :(. I now have my own place and have turned the garage into my bird room. I have bred 36 chicks so far i put my birds down for bonding in the last week of december and doing great. Chris

Hi there lee,Last year was my 1st year with my aviary again since I was 15, over 17 years ago, so happy I started again, so good luck mate, Were abouts you from mate.Dean
thanks dean , im from the leicester area, looking to meet a few people on here and pick up a few tips,