Sign in to follow this  
mark1e

Timor Zebras

I am getting couple pairs of unrelated Timor zebras i know these birds are a lot smaller than our zebras question is are they the same ring size of normal zebras!

mark

hi mark,

Can you get some pictures of them i would love to get a few pairs. I read up on them a while ago and i think it said they need alot of room for breeding but im not to sure.

What colours are they going to be mate?

Chris

Hi Chris

The colours of the Timor is Grey i will be breeding them on a colony system as i have a spare outside flight with small inside flight where the nest boxes will be for easy inspection and ringing etc,

I now have found out the ring size is a lot smaller size B than the normal zebras which is size E but still can get them though ZFS so no worries there,

mark

Why is it not recommendedto pair up a Timor with the other varieties of the zebra finches?

(I did get an answer to this from Dave on 'Shout Box' and for the benefit of others who did not manage to get onto 'shoutbox' last night I'm hoping Dave will explain again here on the forum the reason why) :)

(Thanks Dave - in anticipation ;):) )

Emmy

hi mark

I have seen these birds in the flesh today just on my way home from chester zoo they had a small colony of them lovely looking birds. I also had a look at a small colony of timor sparrows which are java sparrows but in a chocolate colour very interesting. If any one gets the chance get yourself to chester zoo plenty of birds there feathered type :)

Chris

hi mark

I have seen these birds in the flesh today just on my way home from chester zoo they had a small colony of them lovely looking birds. I also had a look at a small colony of timor sparrows which are java sparrows but in a chocolate colour very interesting. If any one gets the chance get yourself to chester zoo plenty of birds there feathered type :)

Chris

Well what a disappointment that was person that was coming here never turned up with the Timor birds i have emailed him few times now No return message at all,

Anyway never mind it must of been a Oman to say they was no good anyway not to worry i will wait till i find some sometime at one of the shows,

If you know of anyone that has any good Quality one's let me know,

mark

Sorry you had a disappointment re the Timors Mark. I think at least it the person could have answered your emails. Its only good manners to reply even if the relpy is going to be negative.

Emmy