Sign in to follow this  
paulm

Cfw Cheek

Hi All

I think this is my first Cfw cheek on its first day out of the nest.

CFWCheek.jpg

Paul.

Really nice looking young one there Paul are there any more to fledge!

mark

Hi Mark

Thanks for the comment,there's a further 8 in the nest.

3 Fawn or CFW Cheeks

2 Lightbacks

2 Fawns or Fawn/lightbacks or one could even be a Fawn lightback haven't had time past couple of day for a good look.

1 Normal could be a Normal/Cfw

Paul.

Hi Emmy

I think so their not to far behind this one the youngest being a fawn im not sure if it lightback also as i haven't had a good look yet.

Paul.

Paul,

If it's a cheeked cfw no barring on tail ? yes! well done they're a nice type i enjoyed getting them but you do get strange things pop out as you know from our previous chats.

well done,

Trevor :)

Hi Trev

Just noticed today one seems to have a bad eye,looks to be a birth defect which is common place in these Cheeked birds.

Paul.

Hi Trev

A Normal/CFW cock x Fawn cheek hen

So this chick should be a hen.

Paul

Hi Paul/Trevor

I think ive bred a couple of these myself, they are all white in apperance - the parents being a CFW cock to a Greycheek hen

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Yep thats them I know the flemmings bred or use to breed these type of cheeked birds and in theirs you could just to say make out the cheeks and may be flanks in the cocks if i remember rightly,the hens are just white i think.

Paul.

Hi Dave

Im with you there but my year is running It's usual route producing Cocks one colour and hens another,i had one or two nest of normals and everyone a cock bird.

Hi Paul

Same for me - all sorts of colours produced, but seems to be nearly all cocks in one colour and all hens in another and so it goes on, but i cant complain, at least ive bred a few more this year !!!!

Cheers

Dave

Hi All

These just hopped out of the nest today their sibling's to the chick i post earlier,the top two photos are another CFW Cheek and the bottom two Are a grey cheek.

27-5-12cfwcheek2.jpg

27-5-12CFWcheek.jpg

27-5-12greycheek.jpg

27-5-12greycheek2.jpg

Paul.

very nice Paul,

not into mutations or combos at all myself ,however i do find this mutation very attractive

might even be tempted myself

are there many about or are they scarce?

well done

Hi Dave

You can use any Cheeked birds and just breed it into a good CFW line,the mutations dominant as i'm sure you know so it's the luck of the draw with numbers produced.

This mutation has it's big set back mind in the form of a fault in the development of some of the chicks eyes with some even being blind, i've been lucky with the chick above as it has good eye's but i have another with only one good eye a real draw back i'm afraid and something i hope time and breeding can sort out.

Paul.

Lovely looking young one there paul looks as if it's going to be a *******, one thing i must ask is this mutation can it be benched! or would it come under none-standard variety !

mark

Hi Mark

Me not being one for showing i'm not sure,could be in the None Standard Varieties class.

This is one of its siblings which is i believe a Grey Cheek/Fawn cock

15-7-12a.jpg

Paul.

Hi Paul

One of these days i am going to try and get a lift up to your place and have right good look at your birds the pictures you are putting on are looking fantastic mate,

mark

Hi Mate

Thanks your always welcome at mine,this is my first year with the cheeked birds i did breed them a few years back but not serious and i have had some good luck and some bad with them i lost a few i was hand feeding as they just wouldn't ween on to seed not matter what i tried,i was very lucky to get a second round from the hen.

Paul.

Paul,

Good little'uns, i used to find when i bred them last year when the hens moulted out they tend to lose their markings around the face.

Infact on a quick look you could mistake for pure white, on some of the hens i bred the markings show up more if you get the light to catch them on the angle.

Well done,

Trevor :)