Sign in to follow this  
paulm

Cfw Cheek

Hi All

Had the camera out today below is the Grey cheek from the post above a little older now and one of its Cfw Cheeked siblings.

22-7-12.jpg

22-7-12b.jpg

22-7-12a.jpg

Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks Wayne its been tough going to get them so i'm very pleased with producing any at all.

Paul.

Hey Paul thanks for the link. Ive got cheeked CFW cock and a fawn hen sat on eggs any ideas what should come out??? Blair

Hi Blair

Grey Cheek/Fawn & Cfw cocks

Normal/Fawn & Cfw cocks

CFW Cheek hens

Cfw Hens

And i think possible Cfw Fawn hens & Cfw Fawn Cheeked hens.

Paul.

Thanks Paul ...... Complicated stuff! Will let them come out and then post the pictures!!!

Hi Folks

Only just looked through these photos and discussions!

This season I've bred a normal light back cock with a hen I bought as a cheeked CFW hen (she's near enough white with a faint cheek patch)

Offspring wise I bred 3 visual CFW cheeked cocks, 1 visual CFW hen and 6 normal LB hens. I was hoping some of the normal LB's might have been cocks- is this possible being a sex linked mutations??

Looking back maybe I had a clear out too soon as I've sold the cocks on now! Anyhow I've still got the visual CFW hen and about 3 of the normal LB hens.

Can anyone suggest what the best mate would be to put the visual CFW hen with next season? She's got stronger cheek patches than her mum and she's much bigger too. Also any suggestions of the best mate to put to the normal LB hens?

I'd post photos but each time I try the website doesn't allow me to!

Cheers Jon

Hi Jon

I'd post photos but each time I try the website doesn't allow me to!

If you want you could try this it works for me :D

you can download photographs using www.postimage.org you dont have to register and its free--- when you get into the site this is what comes up:

upload: image/url/manyimages (I would do one image to begin with)

choose image file: _____________________ Browse (this lets you choose your picture folder.)

select your photograph then click open

I just ignore the next part where it gives you the chance to resize the photograph

Click 'family safe'

Then click 'upload'

It will show the photograph when its been uploaded

Then you go down to 'thumbnail for forum 1 (3rd down on the left)and copy the url

Then you go back to the forum and 'paste' it in your post.

Hope this helps

Emmy

Hi Jon

relationship between Chestnut Flanked Whites and Light Backs combining these two colours produces unusual results. The cause of this anomaly is that the Chestnut Flanked White and Light Back genes occur in exactly the same position on the X chromosome.

Fawn Cock X CFW Hen = 50% Normal / Fawn & CFW Cocks + 50% Fawn Hens

CFW Cock X Fawn Hen = 50% Normal / Fawn & CFW Cocks + 50% CFW Hens

Normal / Fawn & CFW Cocks can produce both Fawn & CFW Hens when mated to Normal Hens.

Light Back Cock X CFW Hen = Light Back / CFW Cocks + Light Back Hens

CFW Cock X Light Back Hen = Light Back / CFW Cocks + CFW Hens

Light Back / CFW Cock X CFW Hen = Light Back / CFW Cocks + CFW Hens

Light Back / CFW Cock X Light Back Hen = Light Back Cocks, Light Back / CFW Cocks, Light Back Hens + CFW Hens

Paul.

Thanks Paul a useful genetics crib sheet for me!

Emmy- you are a star. I'll be posting lots of pics now! My first tester was a cream cock bird I bred this season !

Hi Guys here's some pics of my CFW cheeked. The mum is the smaller almost white one, her daugther is the cheeked. The normal lightback cock is dad and the normal lightback hen is also one of their daughters

002.jpg

004.jpg

008.jpg

016.jpg

020.jpg

023.jpg

Lovely photographs Jon the birds are really great -- the last photo? the bird on the right looks pink? what is it? or is it me that needs to go back to specsavers again? :lol: :lol:

Emmy

Hi Emmy

No need to visit spec savers!

I keep rubino and lutino bourkes parakeets as well as zebra finches. That's one of them who has buddied up with the late hatch zeb chicks!

Thanks for the explanation jon I havent seen any of those before it looks a really lovely bird.I always thought any type of parakeet couldnt be kept with Finches. But they seem to be quite happy together.

Emmy

Bourkes are really placid and I've kept them with finches for several years. I've also got a few turks but they are more aggressive towards the zebs but only at breeding time