Have been stumped this year on some colouring :huh:

Can anyone help to identify?

new18072012261069.jpg

new18072012269-1.jpg

new18072012267.jpg

These came from the same nest, not the best photos <_<

The parentage is Fawn dominant silver, split Isabel Ob & BB, Grandad

BC Normal female, Gran

Mum, Daugher of above and Normale male Dad.

Well if grandparents are true then

Mother = either a fawn or cream split multiple colours.

Better to tell if you have a pic?

Male

father = normal split cfw & fawn??

As chicks to me look like a cfw hen in bottom pic and possible a young fawn? In top one due to wings.

Any updated pictures?

Cheers

As requested some updated phots :)

Photo 1

New290712187.jpg

Photo 2

New290712177.jpg

Photo 3

New290712091-1.jpg

Photo 4

New290712106.jpg

Photo 5

New290712181.jpg

Hope these new photos are more help to identify.

Photo1 is the first decent photo I have been able to get of that chick just will not keep still for the camera :D

Forgot the photo of mum and dad ( now attached ), some of their chicks in the background.

290712photosphone197.jpg

The dads parents are, mum,Fawn split, OB, BB & Isabel, & nomal male.

The normal males are from my own line, and should be normal/fawn.

Clare,

Before i leave my thoughts have you any other adult zeb's in the flight ?

Reason for asking is pic no.1 looks to me as it could be a silver, but silver is a dominant type which means one or both parents are of this type, poss be a ressesive silver but i haven't heard of anyone keeping them for years.

Pic no.2 looks to be a cream, now i'm wondering whether your hen is a cream, then this would account for the silver. (your hens tail markings are faded which tells me she isn't a fawn, poss cream)

Pic no.3 Both seem to be Lightbacks with the one on the right split BC

Pic no.4 LB again but looking at the tail poss OB in there some where.

Pic no.5 LB

I can't say i'm 100% but i reckon i'm in the right direction, i hope this helps,

Trevor :)

Hi trevor, there are lots of adult zebs in the aviary.

Thanks for the reply, I have to agree on the light backs, there is a silver dominant, see above post for exact colouring. Will keep the photo updated for the chick in photo 1. Hopefully all will become apparent.

Hi Trev

Photo 1 looks like a silver but have you noticed how light it is in its back which you would think Lightback silver but then it doesn't have the dark tail and tear marks found in Lightback Silvers, so i'm wondering if it could be a Grey series Isabel Lightback what do you think?.

The father in the last photo looks very light on his back and also very white underneath he looks like a possible split lightback cock.

Paul.

Paul/Clare,

Yeah could be right, in pic4 behind that young'un looks like a cream male so there is cream about. Mix it with grey and that's silver + add lightback and hey presto. So would the silver dilute the tail of a LB then ?

Trevor :)

Hi

Photo 1

Im unsure the tail is to light on its markings to be a lightback silver but its back is to light in colour copared to its head to not have lightback in it,i think isabel is playing a part in its colour.

Trev in silver the tail marking are diluted quite a bit but when lightback is added to the silver mutation it darkens the black so silver lightbacks are have darker markings than straight silvers.

Paul.

Hi Trevor/Paul, the male behind the chick is the grandad, of that chick, who is fawn dominant silver, split Isabel, OB & BB, This Zeb I bought from a breeder, who gave me the mutation. The light back is confusing as I only have one light back male, although I'd have to agree thats what they are.

But the dad in the photo is bright white underneath as described, and after some reading up, I could have lightback factors in my aviary, which could be playing a part in this.

well i think you have some nice birdies there Clare L only thing i can say is you can never tell what coming of the young as i see in your breeding program you have quite a few mutations of zebras and they all look really nice,

I did see in one photo that you have bred a cream lightback photo 2 very nice colour to keep hold off very useful bird in the lightback mutation,

I am hoping you breed some right good zebra's this year and i look forward seeing some more pictures of them and maybe you could enter some pictures of your zebras in our monthly photo competition,

mark

Thanks Mark, I do seem to be having a good year so far, also had my first Black cheek male appear this year, good sized and and a very handsome boy, bit of a bully :lol:

Looking forward to pairing him up next year, not sure with what yet? See what happens ;)

Have a few ideas for photos for August will send over soon. ( Not a very good photographer I'm Afraid :lol: :lol: the birds have to do it for me)