casamber

Hello From Essex!

Emmy, assuming the cock is OB/BB and the hen is BB/OB then they would produce BBOB. Im not sure on percentages though as im useless at that part. But if your ever down south and want to sell some of their young, i would have them! They are fantastic looking birds.

Kerry

Hi Kerry

(I think the birds would have a better chance of flying down South than me ever getting down there :lol: :lol: ) but I can assure you if they did breed and have chicks I would've gladly given you some of their chicks because I know they would have been well looked after and have had a good home. I do have an option here for selling my zebra finch chicks but so far havent sold any--I'd rather give them away free to 'homes' where I knew they were going and that they would be cared for properly.

It will be interesting to see what chicks they do produce but whether they do or not have chicks those two will be with me for the rest of their lives.

Just waiting for my granddaughter to come on holiday at the end of the week -she is going to give them names :lol:

Emmy :D

Emmy

If they do have chicks make sure you post some pictures for us! And start training them long distance flying and how to read maps! :lol:

I cant wait to hear what your granddaughter names them. I have a 3 year old son who loves to help me name my birds. Although if he had his way they would all be called Dora and Peppa Pig! I named my OB Ginger. Very original, dont you think haha!

Thats good of you to give your chicks away. I cant really do that as my husband and i had a falling out over how much money i spend on my birds. He calculated how much i spend on the different foods, nests, cages, accessaries, not to mention heating and lighting throughout the winter. Even i was surprised at how much i was spending without realising! I tend to go a little overboard with the best of everything for them, so we came to an agreement that i could only buy new birds with the money i make from selling chicks. However i do only tend to sell them for around £3 each. And my husband is building me a new aviary after christmas so i cant really complain.

Kerry

If they do have chicks make sure you post some pictures for us! And start training them long distance flying and how to read maps!

Kerry,

Guess it may be a while yet before they breed I'm sure they are young birds. That will give me time to learn to read maps and be able to translate it into 'bird talk' :lol: :lol:

I know all about spending the money and not realising just how much you have spent. I have a lot of different craft hobbies and my family are all telling me I have enough materials here to open a store :lol: and they would agree with your husband --you just dont realise the amount of money it all mounts up to.

Last year when i got my 2 zebra Finches I promised the family if the birds had chicks I would sell them but so far it hasnt happened.

(I will post photographs of any new arrivals and I'll let you know the names she picks for them ;) )

Emmy

• Like 1

I cant really do that as my husband and i had a falling out over how much money i spend on my birds.

kerry i was going to say what a meanie :lol: but he can't be that bad if he's building you a aviary

I have a lot of different craft hobbies

emmy so does my wife so she can't moan at me about what i spend :D

steve

Hi Steve

That's a good working relationship saves arguments :lol:

My four 'kids' are married with their own children now so its really just myself I have to answer to now.

My friend has just advised me to take up a new hobby and go and 'SKI' and I thought that was a great excuse and a fantastic idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

(SKI = Spend the Kids Inheritance :ph34r: )

(ps Dont think I need to do that though, I'm really lucky, because if I really wanted anything, they would get it for me--spoiled rotten I am :D although I really had to think recently when I said I was thinking about getting another dog - this was the reply- 'Mum do you realise a puppy can live for about 15years!!' :unsure::wacko::excl: wonder if they meant that I've almost reached my sell by date? :o

Emmy

Hi Emmy

"wonder if they meant that I've almost reached my sell by date?" You have to be joking, i think you seem to have more get up and go than me.

Paul.

My friend has just advised me to take up a new hobby and go and 'SKI' and I thought that was a great excuse and a fantastic idea laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

(SKI = Spend the Kids Inheritance

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(ps Dont think I need to do that though, I'm really lucky, because if I really wanted anything, they would get it for me--spoiled rotten I am biggrin.png although I really had to think recently when I said I was thinking about getting another dog - this was the reply- 'Mum do you realise a puppy can live for about 15years!!

emmy tell them you are thinking of getting a african grey parrot and you are leaving it to them in your will :lol: :lol: :lol:

steve

Steve

You're joking here but you were nearer the truth than you realise :lol: - a while ago I was thinking about getting a parrot - I've always wanted one .- what was said about this is not printable :lol: :lol:

The family have been well lectured about what has to happen to the pets I have if any of them outlive me (which I have no intentions of letting happen :lol: :lol: )

Their latest quote is: 'Well the barbecue will come in handy'

Paul

You have to be joking, i think you seem to have more get up and go than me.

Thank you for that Paul but once that would have been true but now I think it would be truer to say that my 'Get up and go has got up and gone! :lol: :lol:

Emmy :lol:

kerry i was going to say what a meanie :lol: but he can't be that bad if he's building you a aviary

I think he's only building me the aviary so i stop moaning that i'm running out of room! :lol:

Steve

You're joking here but you were nearer the truth than you realise :lol: - a while ago I was thinking about getting a parrot - I've always wanted one .- what was said about this is not printable :lol: :lol:

The family have been well lectured about what has to happen to the pets I have if any of them outlive me (which I have no intentions of letting happen :lol: :lol: )

Their latest quote is: 'Well the barbecue will come in handy'

:lol: :lol: :lol: