Emmy

My Orange Breasted Zebra Finches

Aww poor hungry baby lol. I think you should frame that photo and put it on the wall! I would love to get a picture like that of my birds.

Kerry

I'm thinking about doing a painting of that one - but at the moment its just at the THINKING stage :D

Emmy

Hi Emmy

Its alway best to remove the nest once they fledge in my opinion, i Know the hen is no longer with them but they just dont need a nest once fledged the nest has done its job and there more of a breeding ground for germs than else where .

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

Guess its just the mothering instincts in me that makes me think they would be warmer at night in the nest :D (I'll be providing them with sleeping bags next :lol:  )  but I think you're correct and I'm going to take the nest out.

Thanks again Paul your advice its much appreciated.

Emmy

I'm thinking about doing a painting of that one - but at the moment its just at the THINKING stage :D

Emmy

It would be perfect as a painting, you should do it :p

I do cross-stitching and am currently working on converting one of my photos into a cross-stitch pattern. I have the software but i cant find the disk at the moment. The real problem is deciding which colour bird to use :D

Kerry

That will look good Kerry- a lot of work involved in that - Why just do one bird?

Easy for me to say that as it wont be me doing the sewing (lol)

Good luck in fnding the disk.

Emmy

It takes me too long to stitch them! With the kids driving me crazy all day, i dont get enough time to do much lol.

Kerry

Just think ahead Kerry about all the time you'll have to finish that piece of work when the children are grown up. (lol)

Emmy :lol:

I did exactly that Emmy :D  I found the disk and converted 4 of my favourite photos into patterns! It may not sound like a lot but each photo is 10 inch x 11 inch! It will take me years to do them all! I dread to think how many thousands of stitches there are :lol:

Kerry

hi Emmy they are really nice birds you got there love the orange on these birds now that's a bird I want to breed

richard

Thanks Richard,

I have him paired up with a BB hen at the moment- so it will be intersting to fine out what colour the chicks will be.

So far 2 eggs in nest.

Emmy

so all your chicks will be splits and you will be one step away from reaching your goal good luck with and fingers cross

richard